Confused

newby1234

So, I went to my doctor here in the UK to ask for propecia. He said he'd give it to me but asked me if I was aware of the side effects! I've done a lot of reading on here so I was well aware of the potential side effects but the way he made out I would definitely loose sex drive and get man boobs?! :confused:

newby1234,

Lots of guys here have taken finasteride for years with little to no side effects. Some experience very minor sides while other have the more sever side effects you're talking about.

For the vast majority of the guys that do experience sexual side effects, they subside upon discontinuation of the drug. A small percentage have reported permanent side effects after stopping the drug.

it's a very personal decision but I think you'll find that most guys here will tell you that the risk is really quite small and the potential benefits are great.

Good luck whatever you decide.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

If i felt that taking finasteride (propecia/proscar) brought on sexual side effects in any way, shape or form, then I would personally discontinue immediately. But I've been on the drug for nearly 8 months now and I havent experienced any of these side effects.

Long may it continue.

Regimen:

Finasteride (1.25mg): Daily.

Minoxidil (5%): Twice Daily.

Super Biotin (5000mcg) Vitamin Supplement; Daily

Silica Complex; Daily

• 1 month later...

im thinking a lot of the guys getting permanent effects probably could go away eventually and maybe its in their head. Also maybe if they took clomid or nolvadex to boost their testosterone level hormones afterwards theyd be reset.