lasting time of transplant

There are a number of guys here that really inspire me. Here are some of their pre op shots.

Spex pre op:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...otos/preop2000_1.jpg

Bill pre op:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo.../photos/DCP_3667.jpg

I was thinking. My hair from the front looks much like these two images. If I had 4000 hair transplants and stopped taking propecia so that all the natural hair fell out... Would the remaining 4000 transplanted hairs look thicker then what it did pre transplant?

Both of those guys have (or had) loss going back towards the crown. If you're the same, how far back would you want to spread those 4000 grafts?

If you were keeping to the frontal third to one half of the scalp, then 4000 grafts would certainly give you a fuller look than you have now, but keeping the remaining native hair, which might involve staying on the propecia, would undoubtedly lead to better results.

Presumably you're having trouble with side effects or something.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I'll have to ask my wife to see how far back the balding goes. I'll update you.

Yes I do have side effects but they do not stop me getting an erection when I am being aroused, however my morning erections are fewer between. So it could be worse! I wonder if other people here can relate to those symptoms?

I'm going to try the 1/2 propecia dosage to see how that effects me.

I'm 28 years old and I can certainly tell you propecia has had a negative impact with my sex life. I can certainly "perform" when I need to and can get aroused. But there is a definite difference regarding how often I am in the mood and the desire to have sex has decreased quite a bit. So you are not alone!

Thanks for saying that. Its good to know I'm not alone.

Based on the number of people that report these same issues I can't agree more - I think that they should be more up front about the side effects and people should just admit it upfront.

"Some people, probably due to their DNA get less erections" - So your choice is less erections or more hair. At least until cloning gets nailed!

Also Merck make billions from the stuff. I wish they would modify the ingredients to try and counter the effects. Merck are creaming it by now - they really should put back more research into their product icon_wink.gif

The only side effect I have from using Propecia is pigmentation. I'm convinced that it has had an affect on my memory as well, but I can't prove this. (Maybe I'm just paranoid?)

It certainly has lowered my sex drive a little, which is very good and I'm very happy with this. I haven't experienced any erectile dysfunction or anything.

After using the it for almost 2 years I think it is losing it's effectiveness.

P.S. I have no idea how long the lasting time of a hair transplant is, but most people I speak to say it stay with you for life.

I agree. I have been thinking about that - and the way you put it is the best I've heard yet.

I'm sure that there is a good strategy for this. Perhaps I should ask my surgeon to start thicker in the front and thin the transplants out towards the back so that a natural bald circle in the back is all you're left with.

Do you think that makes sense?