FUE post op regimen Day 8-13

Day 8- OMFG, "where's the biotin spray and scar gel?!" This was repeated by me 7 times to 7 different people, at 7:30pm, a cowardly UPS man left the package on my door and ran.

DONOR AREA: Apply scar gel. Up until now I'd put NO PRODUCT on it. To deal with the itching I'd lightly rub the back, occasionally make a saline solt'n of a teaspoon of salt in 8 oz's of bottled water, dabbed it on, or put a bag of ice over it. The scar gel has aloe and some other crap, it helped with the itching so I stopped doing all the other stuff.

RECIPIENT AREA: Sprayed biotin once an hour. Now, at this point I still had some scabs and the goal for me was to get them to come off over the next 3 days. I would LIGHTLY rub my little grafts and GENTLY massage the loose scabs off being OH-SO careful not to take any grafts with them.

Took Vitamin C (1,000mg) 2X a day. I heard that the biotin is like a little chemical peel and gets the scabs off, but can turn the recipient area red. Somehow, I've heard that the Vitamin C helps with the redness so I started taking it while using the biotin.

Had an afternoon coffee. Coffee raises blood pressure and that's bad... in the beginning. By this time my theory is that you want to get the blood circulating in and around your head to nourish your little babies.

Day 9-10: REPEAT

Day 11: REPEAT except... The scabs all fell off by day 10, so to reward my scalp, I threw the baby shampoo away and used big boy shampoo. I'm using hair cycle shampoo/conditioner. It's supposed to stimulate anagens. What's that? I dunno, but I feel like my anagens need stimulating.

Day 12: REPEAT

Day 13: While I still have 75% of the biotin and over half of the scar gel, it's finally time to wean myself off of all these products so I can heal like a man. So I quit cold turkey, I take one last Vitamin C, now I'm off that too. Time to get vitamins from food. The recipient area is not dry or flaky and the grafts are still in tact, though they'll likely fall out over the next few weeks I'm told. The donor area looks completely healed.

Dude out.