Nothing to worry about, right?

thatguy2987

Hello everyone,

Right off the bat I'll admit I'm a hypochondriac and can obsess about things.

I am in my early 20s and have pretty solid hair genetics. My dad's side has very thick hair for men. My mother's side is awful in that regard, but my hair is much thicker than at any time in either my uncle or grandfather experienced at any time in their life.

I have attached a couple pictures of my crown. I've been told it's a normal hair whorl and when my hair is parted it kind of "connects" with this. The light is a bit deceiving. I still have hair in these spots and they are the same length as other spots on my head.

Just wondering thoughts. I haven't included a picture of my forehead, but there is some recession. I'm a Norwood 2 without question. That's another reason I'm pretty confident I have nothing to worry about, but I just wanted to make sure I guess.

Thanks everyone.

image.jpg.137203f1dbf997482f8c2207417a01ce.jpg

photo.jpg.8d6b6965f04bfb2e79ac12d46e4b482d.jpg

photo-1.jpg.f2984e4ec43f0e85728d00c9b3a81bdb.jpg

5b32d9d5a1ca0_photo1-1.jpg.123533ed705cfe856c9726ce36d88594.jpg

5b32d9d5c3919_photo2-1.jpg.1b74e3eb64439b06264254e4e1f0a73e.jpg

5b32d9d5e2397_photo4-1.jpg.6e719d2ad8ff7d2c8189b3278de36a1f.jpg

5b32d9d5edeba_photo1-2.jpg.b32483b304b20b9bd92c59a83c66dd71.jpg

5b32d9d606fe7_photo2-2.jpg.802c88eb3da2135429cebebfe5cbe466.jpg

5b32d9d617b15_photo3-2.jpg.ecb1ed26f1263155d9fc6a24651eb268.jpg

Edited by thatguy2987

Good news. I can not see anything to worry about in your crown.

However, is your recession male pattern baldness or just the maturing of a hairline. If you have actual recession in your hairline and it is not just a maturing hairline, then you have at least some MPB and should consider finasteride. Without a frontal photo there is no way to tell. MBP rarely stalls for a very extended amount of time without medication.

But to directly answer your question, the crown looks solid with no evidence of miniaturization.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Good news. I can not see anything to worry about in your crown.

However, is your recession male pattern baldness or just the maturing of a hairline. If you have actual recession in your hairline and it is not just a maturing hairline, then you have at least some MPB and should consider finasteride. Without a frontal photo there is no way to tell. MBP rarely stalls for a very extended amount of time without medication.

But to directly answer your question, the crown looks solid with no evidence of miniaturization.

Thanks for the reply.

I added three frontal photos.

Dude. Since my HT, I have pretty great hair for the time being, and I'm really jealous. You have fine hair, but it looks awesome and you have nothing to worry about right now. I would take photos every 6 months to compare just to keep an eye on things in case you do develop an issue, because you are still young and it is something you need to catch early if possible. If your hair hair is like that when you are in your early 30's, you dodged a bullet.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

BTW, that is barely a mature hairline and you are a NW1.

View Spanker's Website

Thanks again.

I have never been told my hair is fine. In fact, I've actually received compliments from people stating how thick it is. Might be a bad picture since it was set or maybe everyone else doesn't know what they're talking about. Haha.

There is a difference in caliber and density.

You appear to have dense hair, which is the number of hairs per cm2, (blondes usually do that haven't lost due to MPB, on average a blonde has more hairs on their head than someone like me who is almost black headed), but you don't appear to have a thick caliber.But as long as you keep the density, caliber will never be an issue for you.

You are a young guy, and no one can make you promises, but I don't think you have anything to worry about. If you do, it appears to be years away. Enjoy your youth and don't fret too much over something that hasn't happened yet, and really shows no signs of happening.

View Spanker's Website

I had really thick hair when I was at university and didn't notice any recession until about 26 at just the temples until. I really didn't think much of it. But I do wish I had started propecia/finasteride at that point - or possibly earlier.

I've often thought - without no medical training mind you - that given the relative safety of finasteride and the inexpensive price that it might as well be prescribed as a vitamin supplement once guys reach a certain age....

Just a thought.