Anyone have successful smaller 1000 or less 2nd FUT procedure?

hsrp10

Well I am scheduled to have my 2nd HT in the coming weeks with a recommended surgeon.

It will be mainly to address some thin areas and give me boosted hairline density.

But my hair is in a good hair cycle now and I am getting a little hesitant to shave my whole front and have the full 2000 or so grafts scheduled.

Actually I just want to have a selected "pinpoint" procedure only in the thinner areas in the very front.

Has anyone here had a successful small 2nd HT FUT procedure for hairline density?

If so how many grafts was it and how aggressive was the approach into existing hair?

The thought of shaving hair that I have grown long and which now gives the impression of decent coverage, and also shockloss dreams (nightmares :eek:) are giving me anxieties.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I had a 700 graft FUT with Dr Feller last October. I now feel it was a bad idea because to go through the trauma of strip surgery for so few grafts when I needed far more than that was a waste of time, energy and money. I should have gone to Dr Path in Thailand, had a great holiday and had four times the amount of grafts for the same price.

Not exactly. To be honest I think Dr Feller was unrealistic when suggesting that 700 grafts would do the trick. It made only a modest difference to the result form the previous two operations I had with him. I think he should have made clear that I needed at least another 2500 grafts to get decent density. I feel that he was overly concerned with protecting his reputation on here when it came to advising me, which ultimately worked to my detriment.

Four months ago I had around 2500 FUE grafts in Istanbul (fourth op in total) from a young doctor working with Dr Eser. That has resulted in pretty patchy growth so far and some pluggy multi grafts in the hairline (something which Dr Feller, to his credit, avoided). I'm wondering how many of the FUE grafts will end up growing. I think so far around 1000 or maybe a bit more have grown. If I get another 1000 grafts coming through soon in the right areas I'll be happy but I don't think that's realistic because some areas look a bit sparse.

I think I'll probably need maybe 1500 more grafts in my hairline at the front. I'm thinking of going to Dr Bhatti at the end of the year if insufficient growth occurs.

hsrp 10: I don't mean to hijack your thread by the way, I'm just trying to clarify my situation. I had no shock loss in the recipient area so far as I'm aware.

Thanks London, no worries

That is actually a good point you are making, that if we are actually going to go through the whole ordeal including the oh so "fun" ugly ducking phase and long downtime then more is better in some cases. Especially when seeking density.

I'm still up in the air how I want to handle my procedure, and have improved enough from my 1st HT that people are telling me I shouldn't do the second one.

It's not hair greed though, I'm forced to wear a combover and windy days are killing my confidence and fun in life.

Have you considered the most recommended Dr Hasson, Dr, Konior etc btw?

They are more expensive but if these guys can't give more density than noone can I think.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hi All,

I have a doubt regarding hair transplant...

I have little lesser density in the temple area & top area not in the front.

That is to its no so visible unless you look from the top.

I wanted to have those thinner area transplanted.As per my discussion with 4-5 doctor,all said hair transplant possible for people who are completely bald in that area not for the people having lesser density.

Also they are saying its difficult 2 do transplant in between existing hairs.

You cannot expect 100% result out of it like other patient.

Is there any doctor in india/asia who can do the transplant in between existing hair to make the hair thick ??

Thanks,

Ritik