Fue or fut help

Hi all

I am an Asian suffering from hair loss for 8 years.i am thinking of getting a hair transplant .

After reading the posts in this forum, I narrow down to dr path or dr Radha if I wanna go for Fut and dr bdhatti if Fue.but the thing is I do not know whether Fut or Fue suits me the best.can any one be kind enough to advise me?

As I am in sales and I need to meet clients ,is there any way for me not to cut or shave my hair at the recipient areas for the transplant and me looking as though I did not went for any transplant a week after the Sugery?This concern has been stopping me to go for a transplant and I really hope someone can advise me on this.

Thanks in advance !

Or Dr Wong from Hasson and Wong. He is talented with Asian hairlines. But you seem tending to travel to India for your HT, then both Drs you mentioned are great. I would contact them, send them pics and ask how they are familiar with Asain hair. Good Luck

Dr wong and hasson are pioneer of FUT. They have awesome results

dr bhatti is also in india check his reviews and result on this forum

he charges $1 per graft or 1.25 including body hair(do your own research and then listen to me)

no one can beat his price on this planet as far as FUE is considered.

I am not insisting you I am just suggesting you go to his website and even on this forum you can see his results

The only way to know whether you should choose FUE or strip is to determine your level of loss and to get an estimate of the number of donor grafts you have available from each method. If you have enough grafts available via fue to cover all possible loss over your lifetime then you should probably go that route. If however, fue can't provide you with enough grafts to reach the desired result over your lifetime, but because of scalp laxity strip, or a combination of strip and fue, can provide you with the desired result than you should probably start with strip. If neither option will yield enough grafts then you should probably not undergo a transplant. Pictures would be extremely helpful in order for the members here to give you a more accurate recommendation.

I would not count on being able to conceal your procedure after 1 week. If you have minimal loss you will look normal again sooner than if you have more extensive loss. Normally you will have to shave down. Some strip doctors don't require you to shave down except for the area that the strip is removed, however there aren't a lot of doctors that do this. As far as fue, nearly every doctor is going to shave your donor area and most shave down the recipient as well.

I personally think that the industry as a whole downplays the period of time that it will be detectable that you had some work done. IMO unless you have very minimal loss, in most cases you will not return to your normal appearance with zero evidence that something happened until 3 months post op.

Dear All

Thanks for the reply , I am staying in asia which is why i am only thinking of either Thailand or India.

I wrote to Dr Pong from Chiang Mai as well , he told me that i need 2 sessions for my condition(2500grafts each session).He told me i do not need to shave my hair at the recipient area and that i probably will be able to return to work after a week with some camouflage.

Dr Bhatti however replied that i probably should not go for a transplant at this time as i might lose more hair than gaining because of the possibility of hair shock loss. He suggest me to wait for another few years and ask me to try taking Biotin which might help in my hair loss.

Please find my photo as attached and hope to hear from the experts in this forum as i am quite confused on what to do now. Thanks

top.jpg.bfa63028ba154239a3b677d85727e3bb.jpg

Are you on propecia (finasteride)? If not I would give it a try in conjunction with minoxidil and wait a year to see how you respond. You may very well regrow some hair and it will greatly reduce the amount of shockloss from a transplant.

Hi I was on propecia for 3 years but stopped for about 11/2 years ago due to the side effects.i am currently still using minoxidil5% but seems that's its not working out too well.been using minoxidil for about 8 years.

Hi I was on propecia for 3 years but stopped for about 11/2 years ago due to the side effects.i am currently still using minoxidil5% but seems that's its not working out too well.been using minoxidil for about 8 years.

How old are you? For me personally I would not have a hair transplant if I had as much native hair left as you do, was experiencing diffuse loss and I couldn't/wouldn't take fin indefinitely for the foreseeable future. There is no replacement for your natural hair and with your diffuse pattern it is very likely you will progress to an advanced NW level. The only way I would maybe consider a transplant now if I was you and I couldn't take fin, is if it was determined that I had a very high amount of donor hair available over my lifetime, like say 8000+ grafts.

Like Dr Bhatti advised you there is a very good chance with your type of loss that you could experience permanent shock loss from a procedure, the chance increases without being on fin for a good amount of time before the procedure. If this happens you could end up in a situation where you transplant 5000 grafts, but you loose 5000 or more follicular units to shockloss and end up exactly the same or worse than before the procedure. That would be a bad situation, because your hair would not get better but you would have invested a lot of time and money for nothing.

Of course this is all my opinion, as Dr. Pong has agreed to do surgery on you, but I am just telling you what I would do in your situation and that you should be very careful with your decision because there is a very real possibility for disappointment.

How old are you? For me personally I would not have a hair transplant if I had as much native hair left as you do, was experiencing diffuse loss and I couldn't/wouldn't take fin indefinitely for the foreseeable future. There is no replacement for your natural hair and with your diffuse pattern it is very likely you will progress to an advanced NW level. The only way I would maybe consider a transplant now if I was you and I couldn't take fin, is if it was determined that I had a very high amount of donor hair available over my lifetime, like say 8000+ grafts.

Like Dr Bhatti advised you there is a very good chance with your type of loss that you could experience permanent shock loss from a procedure, the chance increases without being on fin for a good amount of time before the procedure. If this happens you could end up in a situation where you transplant 5000 grafts, but you loose 5000 or more follicular units to shockloss and end up exactly the same or worse than before the procedure. That would be a bad situation, because your hair would not get better but you would have invested a lot of time and money for nothing.

Thanks for your great advice.I guess I would have to wait for a while more in this case. .hopefully the biotin will do some help in the regrowth.

Of course this is all my opinion, as Dr. Pong has agreed to do surgery on you, but I am just telling you what I would do in your situation and that you should be very careful with your decision because there is a very real possibility for disappointment.

Thanks for your great advice.I guess I would have time wait a while more.hope the biotin can help in the regrowth.

i consulted with him. the guy reeked of salesman. i personally decided not to go with him, as i just didn't get a good feeling. just my opinion

Wow, I'm quite surprised to hear this but in a way I'm not. His work did not impress me at all, strip or FUE.