dr rahal???

ojpoj

hi guys ive been talking to dr rahals rep and im really interested in going to ottawa and hes suggested 3500 grafts for me im a norwood 3a.

im really excited as im going to book my time of work soon and make the trip down sometime in november,

my own concern is if i get shock loss does all my hair get taken off even the ones that have not under gone surgery?

is dr rahal a good choice in your opinion?

many thanks in advance

Dr Rahal is an excellent choice! He is amongst my favorite doctorrs on this forum as far as results go. Plus, he has a pretty decent travel package!

As far as your question about shock loss, I'm not entirely sure I understand correctly. Could you please re word it?

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Ojpoj-

Welcome to the forums, buddy! You are making an EXCELLENT choice in going to Dr. Rahal for your procedure. He is an amazing physician, and cares a great deal about his patient's and producing some of the best results available today.

I personally had 4737 grafts done with him in November, 2012....so I am just now 8 months post-op and thrilled with the results. You can have a look through my photo galleries on my profile to see where I started from and where I am today.

When shock loss occurs (as it did in me), almost all of it will grow back. The only time it doesn't sometimes is if you have your native hair already miniaturized to a point where the follicle was going to die anyway, and then in some instances you will shed these hairs and it won't grow back. It isn't common to lose a lot of native hair during a transplant though.....and 3500 grafts for a NW III is going to give you GREAT coverage! You're going to look great when it's all said and done. Are you planning on FUE or a strip procedure? I was getting a large amount of grafts, so I decided to go strip.

If you have any other questions for me (or for anyone else in the forums), don't hesitate to reach out. There is a lot of really great advice and information on this site.

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Dr Rahal is an excellent choice! He is amongst my favorite doctorrs on this forum as far as results go. Plus, he has a pretty decent travel package!

As far as your question about shock loss, I'm not entirely sure I understand correctly. Could you please re word it?

I think Ojpoj is asking if shock loss only affects the areas the transplant occurs (new hairs) or if you can have shock loss of the native hair as well.

I didn't lose any of my native hair, but I have heard of it happening. The only place I had any shock loss was around my scar. And it has since grown back......

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Dr. Rahal is a wonderful choice...he literally changed my life! My write up and pics say it all! I have to update my pics soon as I am over 1.5 years out. I thankfully did not really have shockloss as everyone is different.