Buying finasteride in India

Bombadill

Hi,

I had my HUT done in 2009. Since then I've been taking generic 1.25 mg finasteride (5 mg pills cut into quarters) daily. This is manufactured by Sun Pharma in India. I'm quite satisfied with the results.

As I'm moving to India, I want to know what is the equivalent reputed finasteride brand to buy in India. As Sun Pharma is based in India, do they sell their generic finasteride 5 mg drug in India or do they sell only to the US market?

Should I be looking at the ones manufactured by Cipla or Dr. Reddy's Labs?

I don't see why any particular Indian brand would not be available in India itself. However, if the one you're using is hard to get then I think you'll find Cipla a good alternative. They are very widely known.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks. If Sun Pharma brand is not available, I will get the Cipla one. I prefer the Sun Pharma, as I'm quite used to that dosage. I'm not sure what the dosage (%concentration) levels in Cipla would be, as generics do tend to vary between manufacturers.

Cipla manufacture the 5mg dose tablets and call them 'Fincar'.

Search google images for the word Finasteride. I've noticed that photos of Cipla Finasteride (5mg Fincar and 1mg Finpecia) turn up more often than the products from Merck, which is the original manufacturer of the drug. I think this indicates that it's a popular brand. I've also personally heard of more people using Cipla than any other brand.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I bought from online Indian sellers for several years and always had to wait too long. One of the online stores went out of business, and another lost my order twice in a row. I went 3 months without it and decided to quit since I felt so much better. I then started experimenting with minoxidil and trichogen and had such great results, I have never looked back to finasteride since. No more messing with my hormones and more hair then I had 15 years ago ... the Indian online mess was the best thing to ever happen to me.