Recipient redness

What can be done to help speed up resolution of redness in the recipient area?I am 3 weeks post op and it is still fairly red although slowly diminishing. I have slightly olive skin so I thought it would resolve faster. How long does the redness last on average?

Thanks

The post-op redness can potentially last for up to one year depending on the individual's collagen levels, etc. Those who experience it can have it for 3-6 months post-op on average.

Some docs will advocate the use of a steroidal cream that can be prescribed to you. They may also advise you to purchase an over-the-counter form of steroid cream that comes at 1% or 3% strength.

Some guys have tried Mederma or other scar treatments but they can have a reverse effect and make things darker or more enhanced.

I highly recommend that you contact your surgeon to see what they recommend for their patients.

Hope things improve for you. ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY