need advice

vinediesel

hello everybody,

I started losing my hair when i was 17, right now im 20 years old and have lost a lot of hair on the top of my head. Luckily I can still camouflage it somehow but my hair keeps getting thinner..

This is why I have been looking into hairpieces and I must say that these pieces can look very good,

So when my hair becomes to thin I would like to start wearing a hairpiece.

However I have sebboric eczem, this causes itchynes,oilynes and sometimes redness of the scalp.

Do I have options for wearing a hairpiece?? Im really affraid that it wont be a option for me and i have to shave my head..

thanks

vinediesel,

While I don't have any personal experience with hair systems, I would think that your sebboric ezcema may possibly prevent you from being able to wear a system. Some hair systems however, do allow the scalp to breathe more easily and may be less troublesome than others.

Hair systems can be great, but I encourage you to do your due diligence in researching systems, companies that sell them and how to maintain them. Some systems are low quality and well over priced while other systems can look very natural and are more affordable. Hair systems do require ongoing maintenance and it's important for you to understand how to keep them and what their limitations are.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hello Bill,

thanks for the reply. I allready started with getting information online about hairsystems, and am trying my best at reading topics about hairsystems etc. I also contacted some 'hairsystembarbers(?)' in my country,

The companies said that wearing a hairpiece probably wont be a problem for me. They however did strongly advice me to use a hairpiece that i could take off every 2-3 days.

I still would like to hear from people that have sebborhoica and are wearing hairpiece's to get their experiences, tips and do's/don'ts..