Hair Multiplication

loci

Dr Bazan has been talking about his form of HM for awhile. If I remember correctly he referred to it as SIT. He's been the dark horse in the HM race to this point so his web site is out of the blue. I've never even seen a post talking about results from his HT procedures let alone anyone talking about him actually performing HM. Regardless I see his announcement/web site as a good thing for 2 reasons.

1) Though I'm beyond skeptical at this point he actually could have made the major breakthrough that allowed him to come up with a repeatable working protocol for HM. If this is the case in a couple of years (he's talking about external trial patients in Sept 2004) donor hair problems could cease to exist.

2) The more likely but equally beneficial thing would be that he's trying to jump the starting gun and claim winning before he has actually made the breakthrough and perfected the procedure. This would make him huge amounts of money and gain him a lot of publicity even if he never had a hair grow. The good thing there would be that every current HM program would most likely accelerate so that they aren't left with nothing.

Interesting news to say the least. Would be nice if it's as good as it sounds but I'll want to see quite a few pics and patients before I save up $36k and throw it down on the table (especially when I read the part about not being able to control the direction of the hair growth).

In addition to being a patient of Dr. Hasson, I act as the legal counsel for Hasson and Wong.

defenitely sounds exciting, thats for sure. I agree with Dart.

It sounds like he is doing a form of Gho's HM where by he cultures/divides hair cells in a lab for 60 days, then re-injects them into the scalp.

Dr Gho says his main problem is consistency.

certainly sounds feasible to do, and i would pay the money to do it. If its real icon_smile.gif

the only thing im not sure about is how the cell's know which direction is which and at what angle it grows... Plus i worry about things like it causing cancer/tumors ??

I suspect the first few years of HM will be like HT of 30 years ago. And it will take a few years to smooth out.

none the less if what he is doing is real, and commercially available and it sounds like it will be, it will also ignite a fire under other companies out there who are developing the technique to get aggressive about it.

He looks like he posted an updated pic of early 2 month growth:

http://www.itzan.com/hm-sit%20direction%20issue%20-%201.htm

I think it/he is the real deal. He's been working on it for a while now and he, the doctor himself occasionally posts on hairsite.

Though obviously not perfect and it may be impossible for perfection,

Beyond the hairline i think he's defenitely on to something really big... that a little hairspay or gel can fix icon_smile.gif

thousands of additional grafts from a few, for a baldie is a dream beyond dreams come true.

It'll be many years before its perfected much like transplants (though they are hardly perfect either), but none the less, its still very encouraging to see a photo of cloned/multiplied hairs growing.