a way to negate dense packing?

I was just curious if any of you know that this has been done because I presume it is entirely possible? I have not come about it in any of my research, in fact it seems much more sensible than dense packing due to the limited number of follicles that have the possibility of being damaged since they completely remain in place. But if you have minor loss in the temple region and you want natural density do any doctors remove a strip, then remove the piece of skin of the now recessed and hairless temples where the loss occurred and then transplant the strip intact. Obviously the angles would be manicured to fit the hairline to give the desired affect? If there is a scar line, FUE is an option. I know many of you would advise against this due to the fact you can’t anticipate the baldness pattern in the future, but I’m just curious if this has been done? All it really is, is a skin graft.

• 7 years later...
  • Valued Contributor

Juri flap and other flap procedures have been outdated for good reason. Apart from punch grafts and scalp reductions they were the only other option in hair transplants back in my day as a late teen. Anyone who had either one or all three procedures today would wish they never had surgery back then! Trust me! The biggest problem with a flap procedure is that the transplanted skin graft is rotated 45 degrees or more and results in the entire skin graft now growing hair in the complete opposite direction to which it should. That, along with the risk of failure (leaving your with horrendous scars) and only covering just one area of baldness today rules out this procedure. It's beyond what you would call a hair transplant in today's vernacular and has no place in where these primitive forms of hair transplantation have evolved to today (both in terms in naturalness and unnecessary traumatic surgery).

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 1