Any Experiences With Cipla's Finepecia?

Jackdc100

Hi, I just ordered generic Finasteride tablets from Northwest Pharmacy (a Canadian mail-order pharmacy) and I received a Finasteride tablets made by a company called Cipla in India. I have checked the FDA website and it looks like Cipla's Finepecia is not listed under the approved Finasteride generic drug list. Does anyone have experiences with Finepecia? It looks like quite a bit of Cipla's other medications are listed in the FDA website as being approved. Please let me know if you have any experiences and information about Finepecia. Thanks in advance,

-Jack

Finpecia by Cipla is legitimate, and I believe it is the main brand of finasteride sold in India. So assuming you've gotten actual Finpecia, it should be fine.

If you're worried, you can get Proscar here, it's cheaper than Propecia.

Yeah, I looked how much the generic available in the United States was at my local CVS and it was pretty expensive....like over $200. As a result, I was more inclined to try the Canadian pharmacy. Maybe that is the way to go though just to be safe. Thanks for the response:) If anyone here has had any negative experiences with Finepecia then please let me know.

I have been using Finpecia and Tugain (minox) by Cipla for years and my hairloss has stabilized due to these products(without loss of libido or other side effects incase of Minox).Btw,here in India,Finax and Mintop by Dr.Reddy's are more popular.

I have been using Finpecia and Tugain (minox) by Cipla for years and my hairloss has stabilized due to these products(without loss of libido or other side effects incase of Minox).Btw,here in India,Finax and Mintop by Dr.Reddy's are more popular.

Thanks for responding. Are Finax and Mintop considered superior drugs or are the companies that make them just better at marketing their products?

I have stayed in 4 Indian cities and Finax was more readily available than Finpecia at the local chemist shops.Finax costs me about 136 INR for 30 tablets while you can buy a( 10 tablets) strip of finpecia at 49,50 INR.My observations/comments are based on my personal experience of 8 yrs and not according to sales.I came to know about finpecia a couple of years back,while I have known about finax when i started losing hair back in 2005.When the local chemist shop doesn't have finpecia ,i buy finax .They both work fine for me.

Mintop Forte costs me 456 INR for 60 ml while Tugain 5 is available at 429 INR for the same volume.However,the alcohol conc is more in Mintop.I use Tugain 5 (used to go for Mintop earlier) although most chemists here stock Mintop and Coverit mainly.

I prefer Cipla over Dr.Reddy's due to the branding(sorry,I am biased).

But,I know for sure that their products are equally effective in treating MPB.

These are the top two brands dealing with hairloss medication.

fin.JPG.e07f9f5a75dab1ec1fd16bc81d1b97f3.JPG

min.jpg.c7688b80d2d91599ba53fbd67959573a.jpg

I have stayed in 4 Indian cities and Finax was more readily available than Finpecia at the local chemist shops.Finax costs me about 136 INR for 30 tablets while you can buy a( 10 tablets) strip of finpecia at 49,50 INR.My observations/comments are based on my personal experience of 8 yrs and not according to sales.I came to know about finpecia a couple of years back,while I have known about finax when i started losing hair back in 2005.When the local chemist shop doesn't have finpecia ,i buy finax .They both work fine for me.

Mintop Forte costs me 456 INR for 60 ml while Tugain 5 is available at 429 INR for the same volume.However,the alcohol conc is more in Mintop.I use Tugain 5 (used to go for Mintop earlier) although most chemists here stock Mintop and Coverit mainly.

I prefer Cipla over Dr.Reddy's due to the branding(sorry,I am biased).

But,I know for sure that their products are equally effective in treating MPB.

These are the top two brands dealing with hairloss medication.

Thanks so much for the detailed response. My packets of Finepeia look identical to yours. I guess that means that my pills are legitimate. Does anyone know why Finepecia has not been approved by the FDA here in the United States? I emailed them and got a very vague answer.