My ht exp and Tips

Hi everyone I'm day 21 today after 1500 FUE and want to share some of my exp with people who are just after op or having one soon. After your op relax and get a good sleep in a upright position(preferably with a neck cushion) it helps with the swelling and grafts touching your pillow. Next day the surgery should give you a good wash. Massage the forehead from day 1 even if you don't have swelling yet as it usually comes in day 2/3 its normal so don't worry.The surgery should also give you a hydrating spray, shampoo and conditioner,make sure you spray the grafts every half hour to hour its helps the healing, keeps the wounds clean and to loosen the scabs.

Day 2

Get a small amount of your shampoo in a clean glass or cup and mix with luke warm water, gently pour over grafts and leave for a minute or two, rinse using cup with luke warm water until all the shampoo is gone doing this in front of a mirror is good as it helps you see what you doing.The donor area might be a wee bit sensitive so wash gently with same method, massage in circles thats the donor area not the new grafts( do not touch the grafts ) I washed once per day and scabs where gone by day 10/12 . I didn't want to dry my other hair too much with over shampooing i also let it air dry ,don't use a towel it may pull out a graft. Try to stop looking and take it easy watch DVD's / tv, read books or use the internet to take your mind off the op . Bend at the knees if you have to pick anything up or even better get someone to do it for you if your lucky .

Day 3-7

I done everything the same like day 1 with washing the donor area and grafts using the cup method, the swelling peaks on day 3/4 and lasted for me to day 7 ,your head feels a bit numb but it will get better. Do not exercise and take it easy for first 10 days as you don't want to risk losing grafts raising your blood pressure .

Day 8/9/10

I used some conditioner on grafts very gently for a few minutes don't use a lot, with a finger gently massage in circles and then rinse with cup method this really helped with the scabs , shampoo as normal still using cup method and rinse again with cup..

Day 11

I went under shower head for first time as my surgery and surgical evidence show follicle cannot fall out from day 10. I was nervous , i had it on gentlest setting with luke warm water ...it really helped and felt amazing to be under a shower again...you'll be fine!!!! I was nervous and anxious but after day 10 the follicle cannot fall out and this day you feel like a huge burden has been removed as you know the follicle is there to stay hooray. The new grafts I have are mostly still there a few have shed roughly 100/200 some might lose more or less its different with everyone, with most people all the grafts should shed by week 6 and your new hair will grow,its slightly red on top and its almost unnoticeable at back as hair was shaven to zero for op its between a one and 2 now and i have some small red dots in donor area but almost gone and for only 3 weeks out its normal you will notice a big difference between week 2 and 3 with the healing in a few more weeks you wont know you will have had surgery and will have a 3 at back .

Now its my waiting game if you have any questions I will try to help you with but good luck everyone and hope I help with my experience...happy growing.

Edited by Green82

Agreed.. Green, edit this, break it into paragraphs or numbered or bullet points.

Otherwise, people cannot appreciate the great deed u r doing posting your valuable experience.

There you go.

Hi everyone I'm day 21 today after 1500 FUE and want to share some of my exp with people who are just after op or having one soon. After your op relax and get a good sleep in a upright position it helps with the swelling and grafts touching your pillow. Next day the surgery should give you a good wash. Massage the forehead from day 1 even if you don't have swelling yet as it usually comes in day 2/3 its normal so don't worry.The surgery should also give you a hydrating spray, shampoo and conditioner,make sure you spray the grafts every half hour to hour its helps the healing, keeps the wounds clean and to loosen the scabs.

Day 2

Get a small amount of your shampoo in a clean glass or cup and mix with luke warm water in front of a mirror is good as it helps you see what you doing, gently pour over and leave for a minute or two and then rinse with the cup with luke warm water again until all the shampoo is gone.The donor area might be a wee bit sensitive so wash gently with same method in a cup but massage with fingers the donor area not the new grafts( do not touch the grafts ) I washed once per day and scabs where gone by day 10/12 and I didn't want to dry my other hair to much with over shampooing let it air dry don't use a towel. Stop looking and take it easy watch DVD's, read books or use the internet to take your mind off the op . Bend at the knees if you have to pick anything up or even better get someone to do it for you if your lucky .

Day 3-7

I done everything the same with washing the donor area and grafts using cup method, the swelling peaks on day 3/4 and lasted for me to day 7 your head feels a bit numb but it will get better. Do not exercise and take it easy for first 10 days as you don't want to risk losing grafts .

Day 8/9/10

I used some conditioner on grafts very gently for a few minutes don't use a lot, with a finger gently massage and then rinse with cup method and shampoo in same cup method all rinsing with cup rather than shower.

Day 11

I went under shower head for first time as surgery and surgical evidence show follicle cannot fall out from day 10. I was nervous , i had it on gentlest setting and and luke warm water ...it really helped and felt amazing to be under a shower again...you'll be fine!!!! I was nervous and anxious but after day 10 the follicle cannot fall out and this day you feel like a huge burden has been removed as you know the follicle is there to stay hooray. The new grafts I have are mostly still there a few have shed 100/200 some might lose more or less its different with everyone, with most people all the grafts should shed by week 6 and your new hair will grow,its slightly red on top and its almost unnoticeable at back as hair was shaven to zero for op its between a one and 2 now and i have some small red dots in donor area but almost gone and for only 3 weeks out its normal you will notice a big difference between week 2 and 3 with the healing in a few more weeks you wont know you will have had surgery and will have a 3 at back .

Now its my waiting game if you have any questions I will try to help you with but good luck everyone and hope I help with my experience...happy growing.