SCALP LAXITY BEFORE HT

fedup77

Hey guys--I'm scheduled for a 2500 graft session in less than a week. I've read on another thread that one guy can push on his scalp in back and have his forehead move. Another talks about pinching scalp between his fingers. I'm 57 and never had a HT before. I can't move my scalp hardly at all. I did my consultation over the internet and phone so I couldn't have any check for laxity, but my scalp seems to be VERY tight. I've always been proud of the fact that I am usually mistaken for someone much younger than my age because of lack of wrinkles in my face ( probably due to my "tight" skin/scalp) But now I'm worried that I don't have enough laxity for 2500 grafts. I'm a NW5A so I will need more than the 2500 grafts to get decent coverage ( I know I'll need a 2nd HT --when I can afford it) It's too late to start scalp exercises( HT less than a week away). Is there a way I can determine laxity on my own ---and ease my mind---I'm really worried( maybe my worrying is just pre-op jitters--I don't know) Can I get some input on this please? Thanks

Hey guys--I'm scheduled for a 2500 graft session in less than a week. I've read on another thread that one guy can push on his scalp in back and have his forehead move. Another talks about pinching scalp between his fingers. I'm 57 and never had a HT before. I can't move my scalp hardly at all. I did my consultation over the internet and phone so I couldn't have any check for laxity, but my scalp seems to be VERY tight. I've always been proud of the fact that I am usually mistaken for someone much younger than my age because of lack of wrinkles in my face ( probably due to my "tight" skin/scalp) But now I'm worried that I don't have enough laxity for 2500 grafts. I'm a NW5A so I will need more than the 2500 grafts to get decent coverage ( I know I'll need a 2nd HT --when I can afford it) It's too late to start scalp exercises( HT less than a week away). Is there a way I can determine laxity on my own ---and ease my mind---I'm really worried( maybe my worrying is just pre-op jitters--I don't know) Can I get some input on this please? Thanks

I too had a tight scalp. I stretched from 1500 grafts. I should have went fue. The Doctor said, "wow, you have extremely tight skin". The scar closed ok except for the last 2 inches where it could not close. I had an open wound of say 1.5 inches by 1/2 inch. It looked like a broken zipper. My butcher Doctor's nurse from this site said it healed ok and rushed me out the door. I almost had a heart attack when I looked in the mirror at home. I went back to the butcher and he said it will need a year to heal. I did get a scar reduction. It helped but I will still need another reduction or grafting.