FUE averages one more hair per graft?

Question 1

I recently had a few consultations with a few Coalition member Doctors. I was curious what the general consensus is now a days about FUE vs FUT? The doctor who i was asking about the FUE procedure claims that FUE produces on average one more hair per graft vs fut. I am wondering if this is true or what the actual ratio is.

I am still debating if i want to go with FUE or FUT. If what this doctor says is true, then fue would be roughly equivalent in price with fut when it came down to price per hair.

Question 2

I need about 3000 grafts. In the current market as you see it. Which procedure would you all recommend for someone needing 3000 grafts?

Thank you

Edited by nocturnal

Nocturnal,

I would do a lot of reading across all forums for a good period of time.

You will not be able to make a solid decision in a short time frame. I firmly believe that.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I have heard that before but never really thought into it too much. Too many variables and it all depends on the donor characteristics and if the surgeon actually targets more multi-hair grafts in general. That said, one of the main benefits of FUE is the ability to cherry-pick whatever grafts you desire. Fine, single-hair grafts for temples and hairline? Done. Heaps of 3-hair grafts for added density in the mid scalp? Easy. I don't think FUE becomes equivalent in price once these factors are taken into account though as you still do get many multi-hair grafts from strip, its just that you can get more from FUE. I agree with Chrisdav, spend some time researching, looking at patient posted results, ask questions, then ask more questions. You are only a virgin-scalp once and you should go in fully informed.

I dont belive that fue will be only 1 hair graft. If A doctor target multiple hair graft it should be multiple but it depends on the size of punch head. Please tell who is that coalition.