body to scalp hair transplant question

Hi,

I am a new member to this group, but I have been following it on and off for past couple of years.

This is a great group with very valuable advice for everybody. I am 27 yr old and have had 2 strip surgeries so far. I had that with MHR.

My first one was very helpful...second was not that great.I had started propecia after my first

and stopped propecia 3 months after the second ,,,so that had an impact on it. But still I have more surviving grafts and coverage from my first one. My problem now is that my crown is empty now(might be 20 sq cms),,,,also I have a bad scar due to my second strip surgery...thats something that the doctor might have messed up...coz its really big on the right side of my head,,so due to this I dont want to go for any more strip procedures,,,and I also dont want to use whatever scalp hair I have now...I want to keep them as reserves,,,,at this time I want to try out body hair and see how they behave.....a couple of things that I would like to know are,,,what doctor do u guys think I should choose for this Body to scalp procedure? and a rough estimate of the grafts per sq cm for respectable coverage?cost per graft for this ?

thanks in advance!!!!

Hi,

I am a new member to this group, but I have been following it on and off for past couple of years.

This is a great group with very valuable advice for everybody. I am 27 yr old and have had 2 strip surgeries so far. I had that with MHR.

My first one was very helpful...second was not that great.I had started propecia after my first

and stopped propecia 3 months after the second ,,,so that had an impact on it. But still I have more surviving grafts and coverage from my first one. My problem now is that my crown is empty now(might be 20 sq cms),,,,also I have a bad scar due to my second strip surgery...thats something that the doctor might have messed up...coz its really big on the right side of my head,,so due to this I dont want to go for any more strip procedures,,,and I also dont want to use whatever scalp hair I have now...I want to keep them as reserves,,,,at this time I want to try out body hair and see how they behave.....a couple of things that I would like to know are,,,what doctor do u guys think I should choose for this Body to scalp procedure? and a rough estimate of the grafts per sq cm for respectable coverage?cost per graft for this ?

thanks in advance!!!!

ricky,

I have seen more failures than successful body hair transplant procedures, but they may be a viable solution for some, especially if scalp hair has already been depleted. You may want to consider scalp FUE if you are "stripped out", or if you are not, possibly get another strip surgery and revise the scar at the same time.

In my opinion, consult with and research physicians and discuss all your options and discover the best one for you.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Ricky,

BHT should only be used if your donor area is depleted. Not only is the growth rates lower than strip FUT but the hair quality is much less than scalp hair and usually requires much more grafts to equal strip FUT. Remember body hair is going to look the same on your scalp as it does on your chest, arm or bum.

A plausible approach could be to densely pack the hairline and thinly cover your scalp with strip FUT, then infill the empty spaces with BHT and even if it grows poorly you still have a natural thin look.

Thanks Bill and HB for the response.

Indeed I have read a lot on this forum about the

lower sucess rates of BHT. But I still I want to try out a small test patch on the lower part of the crown and see how much coverage i can get....my chest hair are pretty thick in diameter..probably more than my scalp hair...but i guess all will depend on the amount of the graft survival rate.

I will post my pictures to get opinion from you guys on how to go about my procedure....I regret having done the second surgery specially because of the excessive scarring...but anyways i went for it as i had good results with my first....Thank u guys for your input.

How is Dr.Woods work in BHT?

THANKS-

Ricky