Which surgeon?

Well, in the short time I have been signed up, I have learned a great deal. I have an unusual situation in that I have had 2 flap surgeries previously, with which I am very happy (photos posted on a couple of my previous posts). However, I have lost hair behind the flaps, and now need more work. The previous procedures create some obstacles, but not insurmountable.

I am not worried about scars, as I have enough already from previous surgeries! Not ever gonna wear my hair shorter than an inch long! SO, FUT is my first consideration, then probably followed by FUE (as I can actually harvest from my dense flaps).

My question is this: If you had to choose a surgeon, for FUT, or FUE (or both), would you select one of the Shapiros in MN (and which one)?, Dr. True (or Dr. Dorin?), Dr. Wolf in Cincinnati, or Dr. Lindsey in VA?

I have seen all reviewed well and all are competent, I am sure. I will say this: I don't want to go broke! (some are $10 a graft!), but I want a good result. I am thinking Dr. Wolf for FUT, as he is close, but I have heard great things about the Shapiro result and their pricing.

I was considering seeing Frechet, but am having reservations about that....

Suggestions? Who does the best work at the best price??

THANKS FOR ALL RESPONSES!

-----------------------

I just had a surery with Dr Paul Shapiro 2 days ago and I couldn't be happier with what he has done for me. I wrote up an in-depth article with post-op photos that you can find under this forum section. I believe that Shapiro are world class surgeons and you can't go wrong with them. The staff is incredible, caring, thorough. Dr. Kornior is also a magnificent strip surgeon in Chicago who is a must to consider. Rahal in Canada does fantastic work, as well as Hasson and Wong. Different surgeons will be able to offer you a different specialty depending on what you want to accomplish. What is your overall goal?

Shapiro has their prices on their website at 5.50$/graft for the first 2,000 and 3$/graft thereafter. As far as other surgeons are concerned, I cannot speak of how much they charge, as it is not a common practice to put that information on their websites.

Overall, you can't go wrong with any of the surgeons recommended on this site.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

From the ones you mentioned I would definitely go with the Shapiros!!!! Any of them, but if I had to chose I would go with Ron. Shapiro! I will be eternally grateful to everyone at Shapiro medical from the doc to the tech to the amazing Janna! You will be treated like royalty!

You only live once...

From your list I would choose either the Shapiros or Dr. Lindsey. Ron and Paul Shapiro are some of the best there is and Dr. Lindsey is IMO the most well rounded surgeon in the hair restoration industry and routinely takes on unusual and very challenging repair cases. You could also widen your search and consider other doctors, but I don't think you could go wrong with either of these two.

Thanks Nick, Arrie, and great job for you insights. I have pretty much narrowed it down to one of the Shapiros or Lindsey. The Shapiros do seem to have the best pricing - especially after 2000 grafts! If that a cumulative total? I.e., does the price drop after 2000 grafts, even if it takes 2 or more surgeries to hit that mark?

Anyway, I guess I could flip a coin and get a good doc either way!

Oh - one other thing: when it comes to FUE, would any of the docs (Shapiros or Lindsey) be as good as the other?? Greatjob, did you have work by Lindsey?

Thanks again!

Thanks Nick, Arrie, and great job for you insights. I have pretty much narrowed it down to one of the Shapiros or Lindsey. The Shapiros do seem to have the best pricing - especially after 2000 grafts! If that a cumulative total? I.e., does the price drop after 2000 grafts, even if it takes 2 or more surgeries to hit that mark?

Anyway, I guess I could flip a coin and get a good doc either way!

Oh - one other thing: when it comes to FUE, would any of the docs (Shapiros or Lindsey) be as good as the other?? Greatjob, did you have work by Lindsey?

Thanks again!

No I have not had any work done with Dr. Lindsey, but I have seen a lot of his work and have always been impressed with is knowledge, skill, and dedication. Along with Dr. Glenn Charles I think Dr. Lindsey is the most personally active doctor on this forum and he routinely answers questions and offers input, I think that says a lot about him volunteering his time to help out patients. I initially though about him when I read your case because I don't think I have seen any other doctor post more challenging repair cases than him. But like I said I don't think you could go wrong with either the Shapiros or Dr. Lindsey, both top notch.