Empower hair systems - not to be trusted

Where do i start

Been using Toppik and black hair sparys now for over 5 years and getting it everywhere on my bed, shirts, clothes everywhere.

So i decided to take the plunge.

Did a lot of research, there wasnt a lot on hair systems so i found a company called EMPOWER based at London Bridge - WHAT A MISTAKE

Met a chap called Andy Pollard who was charming, bit of a barrow boy but i trusted him, explained what i wanted, he took a sample of my hair, showed him pictures he said he knew exactly what i wanted, he explained that it will take 6 - 8 weeks to make me a custom piece and that i needed two as a back up for the other one and i parted with ?1,850.00 !!!!

Anyway six weeks past, called him a number of times, emailed him no reply. Eventually a girl called me back to say my system was in. I went to London Bridge not knowing what to expect

I met a stylist who looked at me and said ok here we go. My hair is curl/wavy and dark brown

Straight away they shaved my head taking off all the hair i had on top which was quite a bit but very thin, boy i looked strange totally bald

They got this hair piece out of a box and it was a dead straight black hair piece that didnt resemble anything that i looked like - HELP i said

Dont worry they said it will be fine they will perm it

I sat there for 5 hours whilst they permed it, eventually they put this thing on my head which looked so wrong,and it didnt fit either, i was stuffed - my head was shaven, now totally bald and i had this carpet on my head which didnt resemble anything that i looked like, i felt like crying

How am i going to go back to work with this on my head, how am i going to face my clients, friends and family, devasted is an undertstatement

Hair to me is so important

I walked out of there and needed to find another compay who could sort this out, i spent hours on the phone until i found a company called Paul Cockrane, they had a stock piece in stock which they permed for me and sat there till 10.00pm until they sorted out what mess i had on my head, far from perfect but better

This didnt last too long as the perm fell out and i was left with long straight hair stuck on my head and the sides were wavy curls - what a mess

As i write today EMPOWER HAIR were supposed to supply me a custom made system to match my hair and my curl as i write nothing heard from them and no replies to emails

TODAY I HAVE ISSUED A COUNTY COURT SUMMONS AGAINST EMPOWER AND ANDY POLLARD FOR THE RETURN OF MY MONIES

THEY ARE CROOKS AND CANNOT BE TRUSTED

DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH YOUR HEAD, EMOTIONS ARE A BIG THING WHEN IT COMES TO HAIR, AND THEY WILL TAKE YOU TO HELL AND BACK

UPDATED

After pressure the company has refunded my money.... nice people

Edited by lostmyhairandlostsofmoney

• 3 years later...

Wish I'd joined this forum sooner and see your post. I had an almost identical experience with Empower and Pollard. He's an ex-Cop ! Sorry to generalise, but says alot. Once when waiting there for a re-groom, a guy who they'd put through the emotional meat grinder had him up against the wall by the neck. That's the impact messing with vulnerable people (due to hairloss can have!). You're right, they are crooks !!!