how much of success or failure of a HT is based upon

how much of success or failure of a HT is based upon what we do after a HT is preformed?

for example i wear a hat everyday to work....do u think it would have a negative effect on how many graphs make it or i workout alot and sweat alot do u think this would have a negative impact......or is it basically your physical makeup or doctor chosen???? just curious what everyone thinks...

grub12,

If a hair transplant procedure is done right and the grafts are properly handled and cared for during the procedure, there's a high likelihood of successful hair growth and high yield.

Sometimes, an individual's physiology can cause problems for unknown reasons. Additionally, postoperative care of the grafts over the first 10 days or so after can affect the growth of a hair transplant. But postoperative care is minimal and consists mostly of keeping the area clean and preventing damage to the grafts. This is why patients should follow their physician's postoperative instructions and avoid touching or pulling on the grafts during the critical healing stages. Patients should also avoid bumping their heads.

Wearing a loose fitting hat the first week won't hinder the success of a hair transplant as long as it doesn't make contact with the grafts and cause any rubbing or friction. It's also a good idea not to do any intensive physical exercise and avoid excessive sweating for the first week.

Additionally, while infection is rare, it can occur and potentially hinder transplanted hair growth if not treated promptly.

I hope this helps.

Bill

yeah that helps.............i guess i started to get back into a normal routine about 3 weeks after.....ex working out, playing hockey...was just wondering what everyone thought on the subject