FUE Patient worried Please help

Dear experienced memebers,

I would like your help and and advise.

I had an FUE hair transplant surgery exactly 7.5 months ago, it was all in the hairline and front of my head and I had 50 grafts per square cm density, total 4000 grafts.

Arround 4 month post up the hair started growingn very fast and very good, and at 6 month I had a great result more than I had expected ( I was totally bold in the hairline and behind)

However on the left side of my head (hairline and behind) I can see the density about 20 percent or 30 percent less than that of the right hairline this was the case ever since the hair started growing at 4 month, I thought his would change at around 8 months but it seems the situation is still the same. The density on the right side is very good and more than I would have ever dremt of, but this problem on the left side is making me concerned and it make the hairline look a bit un natural due to the difference.

also a very small area about 2 sq cm on the front of the hairline on the left hadn't seen any growth but very few hairs I can see .

what do you think the problem is? can I expect to see more growth a few month later, do you think the left side will see more density in few month? do you think the left side is not getting good blood supply? is this normal at 7.5 months?

Note the right side is almost perfect with density and all with no one single flow, which make the imbalance very cosmetically un acceptable.

what could have went wrong? Please advise me and it is much appreciated. and thank you in advance I am thinking about having another transplant to to cover this problem what you recommend?

sam,

It is not the norm however not completely unusual for this to happen. Every now and then someone presents similar experience.

It may be a simple issue of waiting it out. Once hair follicles go dormant, they will rest for approximately three months. But it can vary, and the reason is because these individual hair follicles all cycle on an intermittent basis. Some recoup quicker than others. Some take right off and remain in the growth phase and keep growing. Some rest longer than others.

This is why we always advise patients to give their respective HT procedures at least 12 months to judge the overall yield (regrowth). At least by then, all of the grafts should have at least sprouted. Then it takes another 6-9 months for the hair shafts to grow to any meaningful length.

Also, I would never recommend that you go in for another pass to the thin area. You may very well have transplanted follicles just getting ready to sprout at any month.

Hang in there for awhile yet. Things should begin to look more promising in the next 3-6 months.

And best wishes to you all along the way! ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Dear Gillenator,

Thank you for your reply and time explaining, it is much much appreciated..

I would like to know similar patients who had this problem what happened with them after at the 12 month period, did the thin side get more density and balance with the other side? I would like to know if it is really possible to have any more growth after 7.5 months?

Please let me know...

Sam1870,

Who was your surgeon?

I am surprised you had 4000 Fue as there are only a small number of clinics that get good consistent results for sessions of around the size of 3000 grafts.

Sometimes small touch ups do need to be done Sam and not uncommon if a small area did not quite yield as well as the rest.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.