How soon after HT - concealer

I just had about 1000 grafts transplanted to the crown. I know the first couple weeks are pretty delicate. How soon after is the consensus that you can restart using concealers like Toppik?

I have a wedding that will be 11 days after the procedure, too soon?

Ricky,

7 to 10 days is plenty of time to wait prior to applying Toppik. You may find the below article from our Hair Loss Q&A Blog informative.

Using Concealers After a Hair Transplant Procedure

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the prompt reply!! I agree that seems most reasonable, and while I didn't start using it until about 14 days after my HT I'm still going to wash it out at night for a while, just for some 'air-time' for the recipient area.

My only question is, do you think it matters that it's on your scalp also? I know the fiber-based concealer is primarily in the hair that is already existing, but realistically, plenty still makes it down to, and lays on the scalp. Any thoughts on this?

I still think it's probably fine, especially washing it out every night, but just food for discussion if you have any thoughts....