Dr Radha, Visakhapatnam

hi all.

long time reader 1st time poster. i have decided to take the plunge and have FUT with Dr Radha. looking at about 2-2500 grafts to fill in the temples and 1000 on my crown i'm not due untol October but can honestly say i wish it was next week as i'm pretty excited about it all. Can anyone recommend places to stay, things to do in Visak. i'll be there for a week so will have a lot of time to kill. I'll create a blog and upload pics for everyone closer the time and report on my whole ordeal!

keep up the good work guys...and gals

Congratulations on your decision to take control of your hair loss! Dr. Radha's work is impeccable. Good luck and keep us posted.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi Eddy,

I definitely know how you feel, My procedure is booked for mid November. I never thought about having a HT overseas, up until recently. In Australia, 500 grafts can cost $8000+ and i have been advised that i will need approx 3000 grafts to fill in the front of my head. Australian HT Physicians can't compete with Dr Radha's invaluable feedback and $1 USD per graft

Yeah I came across this website by accident and glad I did. I was already to pay over $14000 in melbourne as there was no other option. I like you never considered overseas until I saw the recommended list. I see no Australian surgeries are recommended. Not to say they are not up to scratch but if I can get a just as good job and by the sound much better for a lower price then count me in. I can honestly say up to now Dr Radha has been very informative and non pressuring whilst the melbourne clinic in Australia seemed more of a sales pitch than helpful concerning doctor. I know it's business at the end of the day but feel I've made the right choice already without going.

hey Rothki, i'd love to check out your pics but cannot seem to see anything. i'd be more than happy to have it done here in Aus but seems Dr Radha's reviews is too good to say no too and lets face it...a week in india away from the mrs??? too good to turn down!!

Hey pain was pretty good. Not to much at all, none in the operation. Sme discomfort more than pain after from the stitches etc at the rear but that is all.

It was 3000 graphs so a fairly large procedure

I am glad I have done it now and can't wait for the results but really wish I had done it earlier

So you're a fellow Aussie? That's great!

I looked i looked into a few places in Sydney:

1) Ashley and Martin back in 2004 - quoted $20,000+

2) Crown Clinic - quoted $9,000 for 1,500 grafts

3) Dr Path in Thailand - $9,000 for 3000 grafts (Dr Path was my original choice, until i discovered Dr Radha)

Like you, i was quite surprised no Australian HT Physicians are recommended on this website, especially for the prices they're asking.

I still have to sought out my Visa, flights and accommodation.

So you're a fellow Aussie? That's great!

I looked i looked into a few places in Sydney:

1) Ashley and Martin back in 2004 - quoted $20,000+

2) Crown Clinic - quoted $9,000 for 1,500 grafts

3) Dr Path in Thailand - $9,000 for 3000 grafts (Dr Path was my original choice, until i discovered Dr Radha)

Like you, i was quite surprised no Australian HT Physicians are recommended on this website, especially for the prices they're asking.

I still have to sought out my Visa, flights and accommodation.

Yes, born and bred Aussie!

i ended up paying around 14k for my hair transplant, and ended up getting extra graphs (for free) . I found during the surgery that Dr Jennifer and her staff were keen on getting as many hairs in as possible, to the point that i think they spend an extra hour and a half on me. They werent trying to rush me out the door kind of thing. I really do appreciate the work that has gone into mine and i hope it comes out looking good!

I dont know why they are not recommended on this forum, but i assume that it is just that there must be a smaller number of people getting transplants in Australia and we are more expensive than other countries.

Good luck with your transplant either way when have you booked it for?

Cheers

Tom

Good to hear you had a positive experience with your HT procedure. Even better knowing you did it through a HT Physician based in Australia. My family thinks im crazy for wanting to have a HT in India. I always refer them to this website and to all Dr Radha's positive reviews.

My procedure is booked for mid November, i wish i had done it earlier. I've got a P&O Cruise holiday in July, Brother's bucks party in Vegas, in October, Brother's Wedding in November, so i'm really busy this year.