5 month post op

Hello,

i am five month post op. Was a norwood 5 before and the hairline was constructed with 2300 grafts strip method.. But still looking at the mirror from front under tubelight the hairs look very sparse and the scalp can be seen. Every root can be seen seperately. I dont reaply like it. Is it something normal at this stage ?? Will there be more new growth , thickning etc. Please reply

I guess 2/3rd of the front and top portion was covered roughly..

thanks

5b32d89065c10_2013-05-1620_37_03.jpg.ee3b8bd9f6b2387a951994e0f6b97524.jpg

5b32d8907aec2_2013-05-1601_07.10-1.jpg.b3c7aa8c1f1fe8c69feabd057c1e338c.jpg

Edited by amnmttl

You will have to post pictures for the community to help. Who was your surgeon? I am wondering because 2300 grafts for a norwood 5 is a very low graft count. Its hard to help without a visual, but I would say month 5 is till way too early to judge it....

You only live once...

You will have to post pictures for the community to help. Who was your surgeon? I am wondering because 2300 grafts for a norwood 5 is a very low graft count. Its hard to help without a visual, but I would say month 5 is till way too early to judge it....

Here are some pics if it helps

5b32d89045f37_2013-05-1620_37_03.jpg.c5015380999a3280b74ef339996d02eb.jpg

Arrie is correct that month 5 is way too early to judge your results. You need to give it a good full year. However, you should notice a lot more growth in the next couple of months. How much of a surface was covered with 2300 grafts? Pictures would help if you can post before, immediate post op and current pics to let you know if you are on track for this time period.

Arrie is correct that month 5 is way too early to judge your results. You need to give it a good full year. However, you should notice a lot more growth in the next couple of months. How much of a surface was covered with 2300 grafts? Pictures would help if you can post before, immediate post op and current pics to let you know if you are on track for this time period.

Hello ,

thanks for the kind reply

about 2/3rd of front and top portion of scalp was covered

i have posted some pics i took just now to the origional post.

Are those your current pics? Do you have any other pics from before surgery and any that are top-down shots? The lighting is a bit dark.

Are those your current pics? Do you have any other pics from before surgery and any that are top-down shots? The lighting is a bit dark.

yes these are the latest pics i took just moments ago using my cell phone. Here are few more pics. First one is before operation. Secont is a top shot as you asked for and third one was taken few days after operation

So ?? :))

5b32d89085ae3_2012-06-0117_08.10-1.jpg.0ce95669526866ac037055b328a5db1b.jpg

5b32d8909642c_2013-05-1621_00_36.jpg.b3a43adb999b949faa9180fb49a284e5.jpg

5b32d890cc5de_2013-02-1320_13_25.jpg.1bd8e53a8d48d89bc6f9eb705c8ac346.jpg

The third one after the op doesn't show where the grafts were placed...

Your current pics are a bit dark as I said but you do look like you're on track. There is much more hair now than you had few days after surgery. I can't tell much in your pre-op since it's just the frontal shot.

5 months, you are only half way and have plenty more time for growth and maturing. Try and relax and see how you are in a few months.

Yeah, thanks james. So acc. To you it looks ok as of now and tge sparse look is something normal for now ?

Yes, do not worry yet pal, at 5 months you are only seeing 50% of the final result.

Did the crown have any work done?

nothing was done at the crown. The grafts covered nearly 1/3

of the scalp starting from the forehead

Ok ok so after seeing some of your pics i understand why the doc went with 2300 grafts. You still need to get yourself in a habit of getting a controlled area with the same constant lighting and take pics from these angles. straight ahead (frontal), top down, left profile, right profile, up close hairline pic, scar pics. Hope this helps but listen to the folks on here as you have come to the right place, but you need better documentation....

You only live once...

Ok ok so after seeing some of your pics i understand why the doc went with 2300 grafts. You still need to get yourself in a habit of getting a controlled area with the same constant lighting and take pics from these angles. straight ahead (frontal), top down, left profile, right profile, up close hairline pic, scar pics. Hope this helps but listen to the folks on here as you have come to the right place, but you need better documentation....

So after looking at the pics what do you think ? Am i doingwell and can expect good results by the end of the year ?

Hard to tell with the quality of pics you took, but I would say there is an improvement. Do yourself a favor and start taking quality pics to put your worries to ease.

You only live once...