Scabbing and Crusting

I have been told that because the multiple hair graft extract by FUE, and seperate into single hair to transplant into eyebrow with small slit, It will be very very little or even no scabbing and crusting. IF IT IS LESS SCABBING OR CRUSTING, IS IT A GOOD SIGN OF SUCCESS OR BAD SIGN OF FAILURE?

Edited by bkkbaldeyebrows

It's true that when they dissect the grafts into singles and if they trim the grafts, there will be very little tissue attached. You should, however, have a tiny bit of scabbing/crust. Do you have any pictures?

bkk,

I replied to your PM but forgot to ask you if you had much swelling or darkening of the tissue surrounding your eyes?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

sry im on travel, i cant post a photo. Im about 5 days post op very little scab. Right away post op on eyebrow was little blood, look clean , and swelling on the eyebrow gone in two days. little itchy on eyebrow and blueblack around my eyes until today. Does scabbing affect the success in transplant? all i have mention was a good sign or not? is it possible to see the fat around hair root after seperating by eyes or it should be in microscope only?

Edited by bkkbaldeyebrows

You can't judge a success or failure of a procedure by just the scabs. If you had normal blood scabbing, you're probably fine. It'll be a matter of waiting for the hairs to grow at this point. Heal and grow well.

I agree. It's the regrowth and matured appearance result that ultimately determines whether or not the procedure was successful. And you as the patient can only make that determination if your goals were met to your satisfaction.

If you do experience some scabbing/crusting, it will manifest in the next several days if it has not by now. If you do not experience it in any significant way, that's fine. It's not a problem.

The blackening around your eyes will also subside in the next 7-10 days. By then, you should look healed and normal. It is always possible that you may experience some mild thinning of the eyebrows before the regrowth happens.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY