Non shaven FUE

Hi

I am thinking of having a small fue (about 750grafts). I don't want to shave the whole donor because of scarring from prior transplants. Could you recommend a surgeon who offers Non shaven fue, and how reliable is the procedure? I am from the UK

Thanks

How many surgeries have you had Gwalt?

The only problem with not shaving is the formation of the harvesting will be more clustered together making the scarring from Fue more evident but it depends on your situation.

Do your research first- it's imperative.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Is traveling abroad an option for you? For 700 grafts any surgeon could shave a section of hair(not the whole donor area) so they can extract those grafts and you could wear your hair a bit longer to conceal it while it grows out. But for true non-shaven(the cut the hair one by one and then punch and extract) surgeons... I'm not even sure they can do 700. Highest I've heard of is a 500 graft session.

Ive just had my second FUE consisting of just over 1600 grafts. Although it woul be nice to not have it shaved it very much depends upon where the placement will be. If you are transplanting into existng hair then shaving is generally a must.

Hi mate, good to see you've had your second pass with Dr F. Will you be documenting things again?

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3