Lots of dandruff and itchy scalp 10 weeks after Hair Transplant

Hi All,

Thanks again for yer help on my last issue which was most appreciated. I am in a small bit of trouble again though and would appreciate some advice please

I had a hair transplant approx 10 weeks ago by FUT method. Approx 2,500 grafts placed in the temples and towards the front one third of the top my head forward to the hairline.

I always had a bit of an issue with dandruff but over the past week or two in particular I am getting severe dandruff and feel very itchy at times in the general area I got the hairs transplanted.

My first question is is this normal and expected in my circumstances? Approx 5 weeks after the surgery I went back to using the Regaine again but only in the crown and the area towards the back of my head where there is no real hairloss. I have being avoiding using it in the transplanted area.

Also wondering if it is ok to take up using the Nizoral shampoo again this soon after the HT? I had being using the Nizoral before the HT about twice a week, maybe more often if the dandruff got bad and to be fair it was controlling it very well generally. Also worth mentioning that I use concealer in the area where I got the HT done

Finally is there anything in addition I could/ should do to improve my situation?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi All,

Thanks again for yer help on my last issue which was most appreciated. I am in a small bit of trouble again though and would appreciate some advice please

I had a hair transplant approx 10 weeks ago by FUT method. Approx 2,500 grafts placed in the temples and towards the front one third of the top my head forward to the hairline.

I always had a bit of an issue with dandruff but over the past week or two in particular I am getting severe dandruff and feel very itchy at times in the general area I got the hairs transplanted.

My first question is is this normal and expected in my circumstances? Approx 5 weeks after the surgery I went back to using the Regaine again but only in the crown and the area towards the back of my head where there is no real hairloss. I have being avoiding using it in the transplanted area.

Also wondering if it is ok to take up using the Nizoral shampoo again this soon after the HT? I had being using the Nizoral before the HT about twice a week, maybe more often if the dandruff got bad and to be fair it was controlling it very well generally. Also worth mentioning that I use concealer in the area where I got the HT done

Finally is there anything in addition I could/ should do to improve my situation?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Buddy,

We both have exactly similar case. I also had problem of dandruff and followed up with my doc every 15-20 days. You will get fine just give it some time and keep using nizoral shampoo atleast 2-3 days a week.i started having dandruff and flaking problems after 2 months but now i am 6 months post op and problem has diminished to large extent.

Rest assured dandruff will not affect your results and by chance if some transplanted hair fall with the dandruff flakes,they will grow back. Just dont peel them . I will suggest regular oil massage. It will help in fighting with dryness.

All the best