Hard to contain enthousiasm!

Soo, I have taken a long hiatus from this forum due to many reasons, but none of which include not planning on getting a HT. So, yes, I am about to graduate college and have had all I can deal with about balding (I started noticing it when I was 17 years old; and I shouldn't have to preach to the choir as to how that effects someone so young).

So anyways, I thought that, as I have sacrificed a lot in the last 6 years in college, I thought I should treat myself to a boost of confidence before I attempt to either enter the work for or go with my initial plan of entering into medical school. That means, I have decided to bite the bullet, suck up the cost, and finally get some hairs on my head! Since I am from Minnesota, and I have heard nothing but good things from this group, I have decided that Shapiro Medical Group is the group for me.

I guess, since this is a question forum, I should pose one. Does anyone have any experience with financing their transplant surgery and would like to impart a little bit of knowledge onto me in either replying to this message publicly, or sending me a message, privately?

Here is how things are looking based on my phone conversation

There is an opening next week and at the end of May (However, the appointment next week may be on the same day as my commencement ceremony, and telling my parents I'm not walking doesn't seem like a plausible solution). So it will most likely be at the end of May (Sad panda :()

Then, I am leaving to Europe at the end of June for a few months to stay with a couple of friends (I am guessing I am going to need to invest in a few nice hats for the first couple of months as the scars go away and things don't look so unpleasant)

I would just like to hear what you guys have to say. Anything is welcome. If it makes things easier, I am 24 years old currently.

*PS: Has anyone heard anything about Generic Monoxidil foam? I've been trying to do research on it, but haven't been able to pin down any reviews*

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Nick,

Congratulations on your decision to take control of your hair loss. As you already know, SMG is truly world class and you can trust their assessment, advice and work.

As for generic minoxidil foam, I use it and it is just as effective as Rogaine at a substantial cost savings.

Keep us posted on your hair restoration journey.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Nick,

Congratulations on your decision to take control of your hair loss. As you already know, SMG is truly world class and you can trust their assessment, advice and work.

As for generic minoxidil foam, I use it and it is just as effective as Rogaine at a substantial cost savings.

Keep us posted on your hair restoration journey.

Which brand do you use? I tried the regular minoxidil drop for about a year or so, I'm not really sure it did anything for me, but I stopped using it due to the dry scalp and beyond oily hair. My hair looked like a winter snow blizzard had just swept through and I got caught in the middle of it. It was horrifying!

Nick

I will indeed keep you guys updated once I know more! I will post in a more appropriate section of the site though.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily