Is there a list of prices by leading doctors?

I've been looking around, and I haven't been able to locate any lists of prices for comparison for some of the leading doctors as well as their travel benefits. I live in Minnesota and am very much considering Shapiro, however I would like to consider my options before I do so. Since I am relatively young (24) I don't have tons of money and would like to stretch my dollar the furthest I can go. I've been balding since I was 17 years old, so I feel like I've gotten quite a bit of it out of my system.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Nick,

To my knowledge, a list like this doesn't exist. Hair restoration physicians price their procedures differently, and I think this would be difficult to organize price into one "unit" and compare it across the board. For example, some top surgeons may charge per graft, while others have a graft price sliding scale, charge by area of scalp (not by individual grafts), or provide estimates on a case by case basis. If you needed 2,000 grafts, it would be difficult to say it would cost X from a physician who uses price per graft, Y from a physician who charges by area, and Z from a physician who prices on a case-by-case basis.

My recommend would be to simply consult with the physicians you're considering and take price into account while making your decision. Having said that, I do have to say that it's usually not a good idea to "price shop" a hair transplant procedure. While cost doesn't always equal quality, undergoing a "cheap" procedure that leads to poor results and future repairs actually ends up costing more in the end.

I think you're being smart by "considering your options." However, you are fortunate to have such an excellent clinic (Shapiro Medical) so close. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Nick,

My recommend would be to simply consult with the physicians you're considering and take price into account while making your decision. Having said that, I do have to say that it's usually not a good idea to "price shop" a hair transplant procedure. While cost doesn't always equal quality, undergoing a "cheap" procedure that leads to poor results and future repairs actually ends up costing more in the end.

I think you're being smart by "considering your options." However, you are fortunate to have such an excellent clinic (Shapiro Medical) so close. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Good luck!

I completely agree. And I'm not one to skimp completely on prices, but if I can find a top notch surgeon at 6$/graft as apposed to a top notch surgeon at 8-9$, I'll definitely go with the numbers :).

Additionally, I am very eager to find a Dr who can work with my goals and has a specialty in it; I would like to work with body hair as to maximize density (God knows I have enough of that)

My goals are realistic, but aggressive, to say the least. I did send Shapiro an email to see what I could find out, I guess I'll wait to see.

Nick

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily