Post FUE surgery

Am a 30 years old male had my FUE transplant on the 29th of December 2012 4500 grafts, I got HT in the front and the back, I experienced shock loss exactly after 2 weeks, but after that as my hair grew longer I started shedding my normal hair (non transplanted) which was continues for a couple of months and till now that I can see the center of my scalp I never shed much hair before in my life, I've been losing hair since I was 21 till now I kept it under control for almost 8 years and when Propecia, minoxidil came available I started using them regularly, I actually use proscar 5 mg but I cut the pill in half to lower the dose to 2.5 mg ...

I have been using Rogaine foam twice daily, Revivogen (solution and shampoo), and proscar ...

I stopped all the medication for 10 days before the surgery, now am using only proscar again.

My question is; is this shedding normal ? will it grow again ? can I do something to stop it ? am I going to need another transplant ? am in my 4 month post op started to see few hair growth in the front I can't tell if its happening in the back ... and I did not lose all my transplanted hair two weeks after the surgery.

Am a 30 years old male had my FUE transplant on the 29th of December 2012 4500 grafts, I got HT in the front and the back, I experienced shock loss exactly after 2 weeks, but after that as my hair grew longer I started shedding my normal hair (non transplanted) which was continues for a couple of months and till now that I can see the center of my scalp I never shed much hair before in my life, I've been losing hair since I was 21 till now I kept it under control for almost 8 years and when Propecia, minoxidil came available I started using them regularly, I actually use proscar 5 mg but I cut the pill in half to lower the dose to 2.5 mg ...

I have been using Rogaine foam twice daily, Revivogen (solution and shampoo), and proscar ...

I stopped all the medication for 10 days before the surgery, now am using only proscar again.

My question is; is this shedding normal ? will it grow again ? can I do something to stop it ? am I going to need another transplant ? am in my 4 month post op started to see few hair growth in the front I can't tell if its happening in the back ... and I did not lose all my transplanted hair two weeks after the surgery.

Hello Dyski,

Shock Loss is not unusual; but one does want to be certain that is what it is. Hair Loss from shock loss nearly always returns to what is your 'normal growth cycle.' You might want to learn more about shock loss and then consult with your surgeon in a better informed manner. What you don't want to do is make this assumption without the guidance of the person you trusted and invested your HT hair restoration with. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Dyski;

Do you have any updates for us on how you made out. Seeing your doctor and the suggestion of a second opinion are all good ideas. What is your status at this point and what was your action?

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum