transplanting into weak frontal 3rd

Hi Guys,

I was wondering about the correct form of action for transplanting into a weak (miniaturizing) frontal 3rd.

Would a good doctor basically wipe out all those hairs. transplanting over the old hair that will obviously be lost eventually?

Or would a good doctor try to transplant around them even though not far down the line the old hair will fall, leaving just the transplanted hairs standing and a need for more procedures?

Thats what Im facing now: A slowly miniaturizing frontal 3rd that would look strange with a thick new hairline (hairs from back are thicker) because just behind the new transplanted hair it would look thin, and I noticed the hairs parts easily due to the thinner hair.

What do you guys think?

M.

Good clinic will transplant over the old crappy hair that will obviously be lost eventually.

Really? So would a bad clinic try and save the native hairs?

The reason i ask, is i have the same problem and do not know which way to attack it:confused:

A good doctor should inform you the chances are the weak native hair will suffer shockloss and not return like mine did.I was then prepared for it.I had surgery by Rahal and lost all the weak stuff for good.

Did Dr Rahal implant around the native hair or cover the full area?

To my knowledge (and little experience) it's pretty typical to shave down the area and transplant the entire third. At that point they can place the grafts and blend em with the existing native hairs just in case they do recover. But they also will not drop em right on top of any existing hair to avoid transection. The only reason I could see completely going around a section of hair is if the Dr. determines it's dense enough as is/too risky to chance transection.

EDIT:

Can't speak for longjonsilver, but in my case Dr. Feller transplanted across the entire frontal third. You can view my photo album if you want, as I too had miniaturization.

Edited by NoTakeBacks
Response to james84.