Do donor hair regrow after FUE procedure?

I was quoted 6000 grafts for coverage with initial of 4000 grafts and then 2000 grafts at a later date (9 months later). When I asked why she wanted to keep the two sessions so far apart- the answer was that 50% of the 4000 donor hair that will be plucked out in session one will REGROW and after 9 months so these hair can then again be extracted and planted in the crown area.

I just wanted to know everyone's experience in this area and if extracted hair from donor area actually regrow (as this is the first time i had heard about this).

Man you are lucky you found a forum like this hehe. Plucking and/or regenerating donors are still very experimental, very unproven and very hyperbolic. I would certainly not rush into a procedure with a clinic that makes such claims.

Man you are lucky you found a forum like this hehe. Plucking and/or regenerating donors are still very experimental, very unproven and very hyperbolic. I would certainly not rush into a procedure with a clinic that makes such claims.

Note that I am not referring to stem cell hair multiplication..

To answer your question......No.

Standard FUE is literally the taking of a graft from the donor, and inserting into the recipient. This graft is gone from the donor full time.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

I'm curious what clinic told you this. There are a few doctors, like Dr. Gho, that are claiming donor regeneration, but the jury is still out on whether or not those claims are true. If however this is a standard FUE procedure and the clinic is telling you that 50% of your donor will regenerate I would run like hell as far away from this clinic as possible.

• 4 weeks later...
To answer your question......No.

Standard FUE is literally the taking of a graft from the donor, and inserting into the recipient. This graft is gone from the donor full time.

Exactly. FUE donor area will look thinner in later years due to the surgery and natural course of hair This is a drawback of FUE along with the lower yield. If that was true FUT would no longer be performed anywhere.