1500 grafts to crown - 6 month Progress Photos

Here's my series of photos after getting 1500 grafts just to my crown area 6 1/2 months ago at Colorado Surgical & Hair Institute. I'm doubtful this will lead to adequate coverage at 12-14 months.

I'm definitely interested in any thoughts or comments on the # of grafts & 6 month progression..

Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss and Transplant Photos

That's a big area for just 1500 grafts. Remember, the crown area is round and in a concave shape...so it takes a good amount of grafts to fill it in. Also, less blood flow to area serves as a slower growth area...so keep that in mind. Question: are you on any therapy such as Propecia or Rogaine? If you ever want to fill in a crown area....you're best bet is to be on therapy also so you don't keep losing your original hair in the area while you're transplanting new hair. Sort of like trying to fill a bucket with water while it has a small leak in the bottom....therapy will "clog up the leak" and help you fill the area.

Hope this helps....best of luck!

I expressed concerns when they recommended only 1500 grafts, but I was assured it would provide good coverage. I have been using both Rogain & Propecia since the HT, but only used Rogain prior to the procedure.

I can definitely tell there's been some improvement, but it's also apparent the final results will be sub-optimal.

Call Chris and ask him what he thinks, I was there for 3000 grafts 2 months ago also into my crown and he is a very approachable guy, I'm sure he'll let you know what's going on.

The other thing is maybe you should post a pre op photo so the regulars here can give you a better opinion?....looking at your photos I'd say you've had very very minimal growth, maybe you should get off the meds and see what happens at around 9 months, you may just be a slow grower.

• 1 month later...

You'll be fine. They do good work, they're profession & friendly. I just wish they would have doubled the number of grafts to my crown from 1500 to 3000 and I'd be set for life. I would also start a Rogaine & Propecia regiment well in advance to minimize shedding if you're dealing with the crown.

Four people that I have read on here or spoken with, are all told 1500 grafts. Seems a bit suspicious as everyone has different needs and The Colorado hair institute told me the same 1500 graft story.

Four people that I have read on here or spoken with, are all told 1500 grafts. Seems a bit suspicious as everyone has different needs and The Colorado hair institute told me the same 1500 graft story.

Well I had an HT 3 months ago at CHI (Feb 19) and I had 3036 grafts into my crown.

• 7 months later...

Hi goosguardian

Just thought I'd give you an update. It's been 11 months exactly since my HT with CHI and I am very glad that I did. I'm a little too shy to post my pictures right now but who knows maybe sometime in the future. You'll be in great hands at CHI, they are very professional but also a great group of people and very easy to talk to about your transplant.

They don't know yet but I will definitely be going back there some time this year, probably around September (fingers crossed that I have saved enough) I plan on going for another 2500ish to the front and further back and then I'll see where I am and possibly go back again after that I started out a Norwood 6 but am slowly but surely heading for the 'appearance of hair' in my journey.

Good luck and you'll be just fine! oh and by the way I don't take any meds.