My 2500 Grafts HT w/ PRP/ACell treatment Journey with Dr.Cooley

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another old pic I found. So far I'm really happy that I found this board and went through with a procedure with Dr. Cooley. I was wearing a hat every day of my life and now I finally feel good about my hair again;). Almost as if I've been reborn. I still have the greedy side that wants more and I feel like the procedure caused some shock loss to my left temple but I feel very fortunate with my results thus far.

20130612_203642-1.jpg.793b80e2b297c9128db351b4b9a9f926.jpg

If you're very happy at 5 months, imagine how you'll feel at 10, 15 and 20 months! Still so much growth and maturation to come.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

I hope you're right! I just fear that the addition of new growth and progression of loss is going blow for blow right now... I'm taking the propecia m/w/f but still notice about 10 hairs in the every day in the sink. My left temple has gotten really bad and it doesn't seem to be slowing down either. It took me 5 years to save for my procedure and don't see myself ever affording it again, so I can only keep my head up and hope for the best and be greatful for what I have! I am going to start using minoxidil next month. I just wanted to see what kind of results were made from the procedure before I started it. Hopefully it helps! :)

• 1 month later...

WOW! Looking terrific at 7.5 months! Doesn't look like you've ever suffered from hair loss in your life! Congrats on your impressive transformation. Can't wait to see what the one year mark holds for you!!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Thanks agent, it feels good to hear that. I'm in a much better place mentally since taking the plunge :) I just pray the propecia will protect me.

Raymond, your hair looks excellent! I hope I have the same results as you have. quick question though. I'm about a week post op. I had a transplant with dr cooley also. Did you wait 2 or 3 weeks to have your stitches removed? Also do you have any tips on what to do and not to do at work. I'm a lineman also and im pretty worried about the hardhat and lifting heavy poles and what not at work.

It was 2 weeks for me. When I went back to work I lied and told my foreman I had to get a couple cyst cut out of my head and that I wasn't supposed to do anything strenuous and they bought it. Took it easy for a week then went back to normal the next week. No way in hell I would let your crew know u had a ht but thats just me.

I bought a few do rags and put them on under my hard hat and kept the hat loose but remember to take as many breaks as possible to take everything off to let the grafts breathe.

Congratulations on getting it done bud you picked the right man for the job Dr Cooley is the best around.

Also when you go back to work try to keep your head up and I mean that literally like when you bend down or pick stuff up you want to prevent that scar from stretching. Good luck bud! Did u get the acell/prp?

thanks man I appreciate the heads up. haha yeah I definitely didn't let anybody know about my transplant. I can only imagine the hell they would give me.lol Well my original consultation was with lollie because I didn't wanna wait. She recommended 1800 grafts and the prp treatment. The morning of the surgery Dr. cooley thought It would be more beneficial for me to get more grafts rather than the prp because my hair is rather thick just receding in the front, so I just went with his recommendation. Now that I look at your pics, when you were one week post op, your grafts seem like they were growing a lot faster than mine are. Maybe bc of the prp treatment>

Thanks notpleased, i'm sorry to hear that I wish you the best luck on your HT.

Pcm, thanks and congrats!! My procedure was all hairline and mid scalp. Wish I could afford to go back one more time but it's just not a possibility for me. I'm going to stick with the finastride and hope the minox will help with the crown(just started using it). Dr. Cooley has turned my life around. I feel like myself again and i'm more then grateful for the incredible skill that he and his staff have. You will feel the same in a few months my friend. I'm happy for you.

Losingmyhair, I don't know for sure if the acell works and it's a very debated topic in the HT world but I can asure you that it won't make or break a HT. In my honest opinion I think it is mostly good for the healing of the scar but that also has to do with a lot of how well you heal so I really wouldn't sweat it. As long as your body will allow that scar to heal up good I can guarantee Dr Cooley rigged it right with a couple bowlines and few extra half hitches lol.

The grafts won't even begin to grow in the first 3 months. At least they didn't for me. Just take care of that head. Use all of the spray, keep that cream on the scar, keep it clean and try not bump your head on anything. I hope you the best outcome brother, good luck!

For me it was around 3-4 weeks when they started coming off. It's a emotional rollercoaster! Just hang in there because good things are coming in a few months!

Yes my head was very crusty (for lack of a better word) I ended up needing to use this oil that you apply at night and put a cap over it to help with it. It followed with some dandruff but it all cleared up after a few weeks.