Could I have damaged my grafts with a blow dryer?

i had an ht with Dr Path 2 weeks ago. the Dr said i could use a blow dryer on cool setting but my dryer does not have a cool setting. for some reason i used the dryer on hot but just held it farther away, maybe 2 feet away from my head. i would do this for about 5 minutes and it didnt feel hot at all. i dont have any pain on my scalp and it seems to look fine compared to what i have seen of other people at the 2 week mark. but for some reason, now i am starting to worry that maybe this was a mistake and i could have caused damage.

would i know if i had done some done some damage to my grafts with a hot dryer?

as you can tell i am pretty worried right now. thanks for your help.

I doubt you did any damage, unless you held the dryer in one place and focused the heat in one spot. I used a hair dryer on warm soon after my transplant, but of course I did not need to use it where the grafts were because the hair was shaved down there and would not need it. I used the dryer only on my sides and back...away from the grafts. And it was in a quick waving motion never stopping at any one location.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

It's ok to use the hair dryer on hot as long as you keep it a few feet away from your head and it sounds like you did that so don't worry.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks for calming my nerves. I maybe brought the dryer as close as 6 inches only for a bit and never held it in one place for longer than 3-5 seconds. The heat my grafts got was probably no more intense than it was being outside in the Bangkok heat, even with a hat on.

Just out of curiosity, is the damage only possible when you actually burn your scalp? will you be able to notice it when heat damage occurs to the grafts?