Review on post op care form HT Clinics/Surgeons

I just read a thread about a guy who is suffering in pain and the doctor is not even answering the phone on the weekend. This is a great thread. Hope people can contribute with their experience. We should aldo take it into consideration before going with a certain doctor.

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

By no means trying to sound bias but I've had a great after care experience with my doctor. I went to Dr. Yazdan at the Modena Hair Transplant Institute in Orange County. I posted an earlier thread about my experience but for the most part since my procedure I've seen him a couple times and at one point I had a question for him so I called the office and he was in surgery but he got back to me within the day. He's been really friendly and approachable so I'm very happy.

Thanks AtSean, would like to encourage members who been thru to share, at least we know what are the best practices around in terms of patient care. Just wondering how about patients who travel to visit, what can they do if they encounter a problem? Do they have direct access to the clinic for advise?

I was hoping that, apart from the cosmetic aspect that HT brings, I'm looking at clinics who provide a wholistic care, a combination of future planning, medical advise responsiveness and follow ups. A total quality care approach should be taken.

For those overseas patients, does the patient care end once you leave the country? What can the doctor really do for you when you're back in your country?

Socates, I couldn't agree more. I am gonna have my HT in Turkey but I live in Germany. This is a concern I have (I would say one among many others), the post op care. That is nice to share this experience here to help future "candidates". This aspect should be taken into consideration to chose the right doctor.

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

socates123,

I wouldn't say there is a best as it should really be a clinic's duty to give good aftercare. If you read through the blog of numerous patients, you should get a good feel for the clinic.

On a personal level after my surgery with Dr Feller, he welcomed me to come to the clinic everyday to have my hair washed post op.

Spex was also very helpful before,during and after the process.

He replied to every email within the hour and was of great support through the immediate post op phase and the "ugly duckling phase" that I found difficult.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Hi Chrisdav, thank you for your thoughts, frankly, i would never term it as a duty or obligation, apart from the aspect on aesthetics, there is a medical side to it that helps... but just to relate with your example, it is comforting to know that there are professionals out there who will help you in anyway possible after one year of surgery.

Although post op complications are rare, it would not hurt with a follow up and monitoring to reassure that things are on track. Just my two cents. : )