Proscar and weight loss

Jingo

Hello there

So this is the thing, everytime i gained some extra weight i could loose it quick with some diet and exercises, but since i started took proscar i just cant loose any weight, in fact, sometimes i even get weight, the method of diet and training are the same as before, so, do you guys think proscar could have something to do with that?

One of the side effects of Finasteride is fluid retention.

How long has it been since you started finasteride?

Side effects should subside in time (not sure about the time frame, varies from person to person, check online for this.)

take care...

i ve been takin propecia for about 3 months and half,fluid retention is a shit, eheh, i guess ill have to buy something to work on the fluids:S

Thank you for your help

retention is a shit

Don't know what you mean exactly by that, but I CAUTION YOU about self-medication concerning

have to buy something to work on the fluids

Your body is just one big wet cell battery and if you start some drug like Lasix to rid your body of excess fluid; you could upset the electrolytic balance.

take care...

i understand you so what do you think it would be best to do, i really gotta lose some weight and i cant, its just frustration

Ps: When i said retention was a shit, eheh, i was talkin that i wished i dont have thaticon_smile.gif

You should speak to the doctor (inform him of your use of finasteride) and find out if the increase in weight is actually due to retention of fluid or increase in muscular mass or increase in fat.

This is the diagnosis, before we can move further.

take care...