seeing Dr. Joel kassimir

murf

so i am in my mid 20s now and have had thinning hair for nearly 10 years. when i first noticed it i went to see dr. kassimir and he prescribed me to propecia which delayed the thinning process and i was able to hide it by tying my long hair back.

It seems too be getting thinner and im honestly sick and tired of having to keep my hair long to hide my scalp so i have decided its time to look into Hair transplants.

im going to talk with Dr. Kassimir about it but after reading posts on this forum I'm really not feeling so confident with his skills in transplants.

Can anyone out there please help me by recommending a surgeon in the NYC area that is definitely worth going to? id even travel a bit for better results.

also i hope that the surgeons dont have a 12 month waiting list. id like to do this within 6 months.

all feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you everyone.

im also worried about how some doctors seem to shave the transplant area. will this be totally necessary? would it be possible to keep my hair long and tied back to cover the transplant area while im waiting for results?

i was looking into feller but it seems he shaves all his patients transplant areas.

what do woman do when they get transplants? i have female pattern balding myself.

Murf,

Shaving isn't 100% necessary, but many surgeons like to do it because it allows for less obstruction during graft placement and better analysis of the balding region.

Female hair loss sufferers can undergo hair transplantation as well. Like you stated, females normally don't recede in the characteristic male baldness patterns, and hair transplantation on diffuse thinning can be a bit more difficult. If you are a diffuse thinner (either diffuse patterned alopecia or diffuse un-patterned alopecia), you should definitely proceed cautiously with hair transplant surgery.

Having said that, we recommend some excellent hair restoration physicians in New York. These doctors are highly ethical, and I know each could analyze your hair loss pattern and make appropriate treatment recommendations.

Let me know if you have any specific questions!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.