Red pimples with no pus!

Has anyone experienced the appearance of big red pimples with no pus on transplanted area?? is it normal?? and yes i should mention that im three months post op!

I'm only one month PO and I have the exact same thing happening. I heard pimples are new hairs trying to poke through, maybe someone more experienced can tell you what's going on.

Some sprout a little earlier, some later. Still sounds like new growth about to break above your scalp line. ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Has anyone experienced the appearance of big red pimples with no pus on transplanted area?? is it normal?? and yes i should mention that im three months post op!

Hi Geneticfreak,

First off ... YES ... always mention changes like this in your doctors visit. You may even want to give them a call. It is possible that you may have a more severe case of folliculitis (inflammation of the hair follicle) that requires some minor medical treatment. You invested a lot emotionally and financailly in your hair restortation journey; see your physician.

All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

I am only about 10 weeks post op

Hello BoomerSooner;

I viewed your progress images on your blog. Clearly there was some type of dermatitis present. Could you tell us is if that has resolved? Clearly at the 7 week level some professional attention was required. Looking to hear from you all the best, Michael.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

I am only about 10 weeks post op

Hello BoomerSooner;

I viewed your progress images on your blog. Clearly there was some type of dermatitis present. Could you tell us is if that has resolved? Clearly at the 7 week level some professional attention was required. Looking to hear from you all the best, Michael.

I think that sounds like ingrowing hairs to me? I suffer with them around the back of my neck and sometimes on my face - although in my case unrelated to my hair transplant :rolleyes:

If this persists you may want to be examined by a dermatologist.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Boomer,

How have you progressed with the inflammation on the scalp. Did you get it resolved and how? Look forward to hearing from you, Micheal, all the best.

They've just went away on their own. I hit the 12 week mark yesterday

The passing of time almost always resolves these types of situations post-op.

Gillenator

They've just went away on their own. I hit the 12 week mark yesterday

Great to hear Boomer that it is all resolved. Look forward to seeing your photo updates if you post them. It will be helpful for others here. All the Best, Michael.