Eyebrow transplant (Doctor Please Help)

I just want to add the density and thicker of my eyebrows without changing size, length and width. Aftter that, I did my research about eyebrow transplant, some say that the eyebrow transplant can damage the natural follicle during making place for insertion and the original hair of eyebrow will die and not grow back again, which I guess it considered as a shockloss transplanted area.So i have question that my original follicle will be dead or not after the transplanted because the need for my operation is to make them thick, without losing the original eyebrows. How often and How many risk or probabilities that I am taking for this side effect. Do you have any prevent for this?

Shock loss implies that the follicle is temporarily propelled into a resting state and will eventually continue cycling; follicular damage implies transection, damage, and a permanent loss of hair growth. Shock loss during an eyebrow transplant wouldn't be unheard of. Transecting follicles or causing permanent follicular damage (for whatever reason) seems to indicate that new grafts are being placed too close to existing follicles. If your eyebrows are truly sparse, then this shouldn't be a problem. However, "over packing" any body region with hair increases the risk of follicle damage and permanent loss from overwhelmed blood supply.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thank you Future HT, but why most of doctor avoid to do FUE to eyebrows? I dont really understand this. In my feeling that doctor perform FUE because it is an optional, if you don't realize that FUE exist, you will never know because the doctor will only talk about FUT for eyebrow. I think that it's just a few graft but why most of doctor convince for FUT.

Bk,

Frankly, I can't really comment on why certain physicians would prefer FUT versus FUE for an eyebrow transplant (as I don't know which physicians you're considering). I do know of physicians who use FUE (and even BHT) for eyebrow transplantation, but others may find FUT more consistent and reliable for delicate eyebrow restoration.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Why most of the eyebrow transplant must be done by FUT, I want my eyebrow by FUE but most of doctor convince me to do FUT. Why fut is better for eyebrow?

I don't think you should FUT for such a small procedure and I am not sure why a Doctor would recommend that.

BK,

Because you asked the same question in two different threads, I went ahead and merged the two. Please keep all discussion about the eyebrow restoration confined to this thread.

Having said that:

I don't know if anyone can answer why a certain physician(s) (who's identity we don't know) would recommend FUT over FUE for an eyebrow restoration. Having said that, if you don't want to undergo an FUT procedure for your eyebrow restoration, I think you should try and consult with surgeons who you know utilize FUE for eyebrow cases. I'm not sure where you are located, but recommended hair transplant surgeon Dr. Umar regularly performs FUE eyebrow restoration procedures. I think a consultation with his clinic may be a good place to start.

Good luck!

Bkk,

Have you considered consultations with any FUE surgeons (like you discussed before). I think a consultation with a trusted eyebrow surgeon would help answer some of your questions.

Congratulations! Look forward to seeing the results. Best of luck.

I second what what the Future Doc said. I had eyebrow restoration. Dr. Umar uses leg hair because it replicates eyebrow hair. It doesn't grow long like head hair. Plus, YOU DO NOT WANT FUT for a small number of grafts.

Quite frankly, other HT/ver few HT docs can do what Dr. Umar does with body hair.

Atticus :cool:

BK,

Because you asked the same question in two different threads, I went ahead and merged the two. Please keep all discussion about the eyebrow restoration confined to this thread.

Having said that:

I don't know if anyone can answer why a certain physician(s) (who's identity we don't know) would recommend FUT over FUE for an eyebrow restoration. Having said that, if you don't want to undergo an FUT procedure for your eyebrow restoration, I think you should try and consult with surgeons who you know utilize FUE for eyebrow cases. I'm not sure where you are located, but recommended hair transplant surgeon Dr. Umar regularly performs FUE eyebrow restoration procedures. I think a consultation with his clinic may be a good place to start.

Good luck!

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

I second what what the Future Doc said. I had eyebrow restoration. Dr. Umar uses leg hair because it replicates eyebrow hair. It doesn't grow long like head hair. Plus, YOU DO NOT WANT FUT for a small number of grafts.

Quite frankly, other HT/ver few HT docs can do what Dr. Umar does with body hair.

Atticus :cool:

Umar is a smart man. I can't believe a doctor recommended FUT for an eyebrow transplant! Not only is it totally not worth the scar for 200-300 grafts, the grafts would include 2 and 3 hair follicles which is totally unlike natural eyebrows. Also the caliber of the hair from the strip zone most likely not be fine...