Effectiveness of Propecia on Former Hairline?

xtatic5

Just because you lowered your hairline doesn't mean the old hairline will now be reactive to the medication. It usually doesn't respond well in the frontal 1/3 but it certainly can, just not for the majority of patients. It usually works well for the back 2/3 of your head so don't be surprised if it keeps thinning in that area. Usually over the course of a patient's life they will require another procedure in the front to accommodate for more native hair loss.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Propecia induced a huge shed in my hairline when i first started it that didnt recover. I basically went from not to having to use concealer in a matter of weeks.

I used it for 4 years and it did nothing in terms of regrowth in hairline. I was considerably worse.

Just because you lowered your hairline doesn't mean the old hairline will now be reactive to the medication. It usually doesn't respond well in the frontal 1/3 but it certainly can, just not for the majority of patients. It usually works well for the back 2/3 of your head so don't be surprised if it keeps thinning in that area. Usually over the course of a patient's life they will require another procedure in the front to accommodate for more native hair loss.

Thanks for the info Thehairupthere. Is the reason it doesn't work in most people because the blood supply is less in the frontal 1/3? I thought that maybe by extending the scalp 2.25cm the blood supply behind the new hairline would increase.

Sadly Bobilero you're not the first person that has mentioned this problem :(