NW and grafts assesment from pics

So u saying under 2000 FUE is the way to go..After reading about it I also have started thinking in that direction..FUE is though so Fu***** expensive

Whilst FUE is more expensive than FUT, it comes with fewer drawbacks. I don't recommend FUE in all cases, certainly not to NW 6 or 7s, but in your case of minor recession and thick donor I think you are a great candidate for FUE.

While FUE bypasses some of the inconveniences of FUT, it does come with a lower yield. 20-30% of your grafts could be lost to transection vs. 1-2% for FUT. The transection rates are higher for curlier hair.

While FUE bypasses some of the inconveniences of FUT, it does come with a lower yield. 20-30% of your grafts could be lost to transection vs. 1-2% for FUT. The transection rates are higher for curlier hair.

Wow! Which fue docs are transecting 20-30% of the grafts?

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Wow! Which fue docs are transecting 20-30% of the grafts?

These figures are not for specific docs but are based on my own research from a variety of sources. Although, I was told by a coalition member that FUE was not possible for me because my hair was too curly and unpredictable under the surface. I should also note that the 1-2% transection for FUT is in addition to the 10% of telogen grafts that are discarded.

My vote for your doc, if possible, would be the Legendary Dr. Feller, but Dorin and True are high-caliber choices as well; I don't think you'll go wrong with any of them from what I've read and seen on these forums.

As far as what you need - Well, your forelock is still thick and pretty strong; If you want to fill in a little of the side/temple areas, I'd just go for a modest FUE approach of 800 to 1,200 grafts, although I'm no doctor. I say this in light of the fact that you would need enough grafts to make a medium-density fill-in around that area, but as the other guys before me have stated, you don't want to waste too many donor grafts yet - you really do have a limited amount and you really don't want to end up running out of grafts and getting stuck with some weird hairline in your mid-late 30's. Stay on the finasteride as well.

I do think anything over 1,500 grafts would be highly excessive to achieve your goals; I'm not going to link a bunch more pics here, but look in my hair loss blog linked below to see what 1,775 grafts can do, and what 1,554 can do; I really do not think you need that many! I got my first HT at 27 (the 1,775-graft one), like you, but you have a butt-load more hair than I did.

I know you wanna go nuts and make a super Adam Lambert-esque hairline, but you're pushing 30 now and have a great hairline for a 30-year-old; lower than mine even after 2 HT's. Just maybe fill in those temples with a little FUE, stay on the fin to maintain what you have (which is better than a lot of guys your age), and go enjoy life. Then take the money you saved by not getting a hugely expensive procedure and smack down a down-payment on a nice car, and go pick up girls with your sweet car and nice hair.

OtherSyde after chatting with Mickey and taking a step back I am a little bit relaxed now and rethinking my strategy..and man I checked ur pics .. just 1775 and the Faux Hawk look is so

cool :)..Also howz ur scar..from your pics it's really hard to tell but do you have any issues with the scars.

So thinking now I don't need to have a big procedure..I think it was Dr Raymond and Dorin who both said that i will be needing around 1500 grafts..I am thinking now about the FUT vs FUE thing..Have been giving FUE some deep reading now..Thanks for ur advice man :)

Edited by GiveMeSomeHairs

With your age and the look of your current hair I would strongly recommend waiting it out. If the Propecia has sustained your hair loss then I would just stay with that approach. With that said, the length you keep your hair and the thickness of it you would probably be an ideal candidate for a HT, but if it was me I wouldn't just stick with Rogaine and Propecia for now and keep a photo journal to track loss.

OtherSyde after chatting with Mickey and taking a step back I am a little bit relaxed now and rethinking my strategy..and man I checked ur pics .. just 1775 and the Faux Hawk look is so

cool :)..Also howz ur scar..from your pics it's really hard to tell but do you have any issues with the scars. :)

Well thanks for the props - and no, the scar isn't a big deal at all; I'm in the military and keep the hair at the back of my head at roughly a #3 guard length, and no one has ever once noticed the scar. If you opt for FUE (usually quite do-able when dealing with less than 2,000 grafts from what I hear), scarring will be essentially zero problem for you.