shockloss?

Edmond168

HI, I am newbie here. I had a HT in the front scalp and nothing on the crown on June 8 2004, so far almost 5 months. I just realize there is lots of hair shedding from the crown recently. It is called "Shockloss". It is normal? will they grow back later? please help!

HI, I am newbie here. I had a HT in the front scalp and nothing on the crown on June 8 2004, so far almost 5 months. I just realize there is lots of hair shedding from the crown recently. It is called "Shockloss". It is normal? will they grow back later? please help!

Edmond,

This is shockloss that you are experiancing.

It is hard to say if it is only temporary, or if it is hair that was destind to fall out.

The hairlosss of those may have been excellerated from your procedure 5 months ago.

This was the case for me, after my first HT. It excellerated my hairloss in the back, which never grew back.

This tends not to be the norm for most people though. It could just be temporary shockloss, and only time will tell of that.

Who was you doctor? This may give us a better understanding of the methodes used, and the experiance of the physician.

Are you on any meds? Minoxidol or Propecia?

Hi Edmond168,

Welcome to the forum! After reading your post I was wondering if the hair in your crown area was diffusing and/or thinning. It is not very noticable in the beginning stages and it is very possible that trauma to your scalp resulted in some shock loss to the crown rare as it is. Diffused areas of our scalp are the most sensitive and responsive to trauma caused by the incisions.

The fatter less diffused hairs may very well cycle back to the anagen (growth) phase but every time a hair follicule fulfills its three phase cycle, it comes back weaker and more disseminated when subject to DHT. That does not happen to terminal hair.

This is where Propecia as HBT pointed out can be of great resolve unless you are already ingesting it. The crown area is that part of the scalp where Propecia (finasteride) is the most efficient. Your HT surgeon can prescribe it for you if he/she has not done so already. Did your HT doctor examine the crown area for possible diffussion?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

HairBeThere,

Man I wish I had the knowledge back when my hair first started falling out too. I eventually ended up as a Norwood 5 wearing the ole' hair system for a decade or so. The technology just was not any good in my early hairloss days.

Hey my friend, things have come a LOOOONG WAY, and now we can help many other hairloss sufferers as we both share our knowledge and experiences with them so hopefully they won't have to go through what you and I did. And obviously we have many friends here in this forum who have walked in our shoes as well and who also have alot of heart for people.

So let me thank you personally HBT as I have learned from your posts. I have seen you address some folks here, with a very level head and practical solutions. You seem to relate to peoples' emotions without losing the real issue. Keep up the good work!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks to that Gillenator!!

Unfortunately there are people still scammed by unethical doctors. I have been one, as many others.

Because of this, I have wanted to address my experiences with others, so they do not go through what I have experienced. Also, in adding what I have learned for others who are going through the anxious wait of getting an HT.

There are only a few that have gone through the scams and misleading, who do post. But there are many that are out there that lay silent due to lack of support of places like these forums.

It is my personal goal to not let anyone get scammed by these doctors that have taken an oath in the interest of us all!! As is yours!!

But, to educate and assist in guidance, so we all can have the most comfort in our discretions and choices.

And thanks to you Gillenator, for being one of the good guys!