Caffeine shampoo with Rogaine foam

There is conflicting information about the use of both for hair loss because caffeine shampoo (Alpecin or N2 shampoo) which contains caffeine is a vasoconstrictor and Rogaine a vasodilator. Plus there is data showing that caffeine augments skin permeability ( so less minoxidil could be absorbed by the skin). So shampooing in the morning and then applying Rogaine would not be a good thing because of they have opposing effects. What do you think ? Would less rogaine also be absorbed ?

Would it be better to use caffeine in the morning and rogaine at night only ?

The caffeine shampoo that I used daily worked well for the first two months (less shedding , some fine hair growth along temple area,more bounce and fullness to hair) but seemed to lose some of its efficacy after that and my hair seem to be thinning. Has anyone heard or experienced this ?

Thanks for your help

Hair2012, thanks for the info on your other post in reference to Lipogaine I'm trying. The more I read about the hairloss shampoos I've almost come to the conclusion their not worth it. You bring up some great info on the dialator&constrictor effects. If the caffeine ones counteracts the minoxidil why would use it at all unless the benefits exceed that of minoxidil? There seems a lot more negative posts on the so called hairloss shampoos especially with shedding and the 2% ketozonale. If I cannot use a shampoo in conjunction with applying Rogaine foam 2x per day and see benefits added I wouldn't do it. Are there any out there?

Theres a lot of conflicting information and user experience with shampoo and drugs (minoxidil, propecia) that its hard to get a clear picture. I believe that 1% ketoconazole should be in there but how many times a week ? No one kows for sure but 1-3 times seems like a safe bet depending on

how it dries your scalp . I use it at night and use a volumizing shampoo in the morning. Nioxin, Tricomin shampoo with conditioner or l'Or?al Body vive.

Just curious to know why the caffeine shampoo I was using seemed to lose effectiveness after 2 months.

this was the BEST shampoo that I had used so far better than Ketoconazole shampoo. Still would like to know if it can be used with rogaine ?

Can anyone comment ?

• 4 weeks later...

i've been using this for a while, and just looked at the ingredients. it seems to suggest washing every day with it. the label seems conflicting in that it contains hydrogenated castor oil, but also says on the description that there are no conditioning agents, which will give the hair more 'grip'. i thought that the hair loss shampoos worked by reducing sebum (and oils?). am really starting to wonder about this shampoo, although i've noticed my hair seems to appear better when using it. i find that if i use it regularly, i do notice some hair loss. am hoping to start using rogaine foam when it arrives through the post, and am interested in the dilation/constriction of caffeine discussion. looking forward to hearing people's thoughts...