China, Thailand, South Korea FUE Surgeons

Hi everyone,

some suggestions or recommendation please

I am currently live in shanghai in China, and I am searching for a good HT doctor in China or nearby. I need approx. 1000 grafts to fix my hairline, so FUE is probabaly the best option for me, I am 31 years old, and my family has light hair loss history, my dad has a receding hairline, no loss on the top, im currently on minoxidil only.

To be honest, there are a overwhelming info about HT clinics/hosptals/companies in China, they all claim to be the "best" "top" to perferm "scarless" FUE procedures, and the sales and marketing in China is clearly unethical, it is very hard to trust these HT companies, and it makes me very difficult to choose a good surgeon in China. and there are no quality forum like this one here to recommend a good one. you can find hairloss forums in China, but they all covered by ads, and the posts are supplied by these HT companies sales people trying to lure their cutomers. basically, you cannot trust the info on these sites,

I dont know if there is anyone on this forum had their HT done in China? if so, can you share some experience, and recommend a good doctor in China?

I am aware of Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich in Thailand, but it seems that he only offer FUT, which he is best at it, not sure about FUE, anyone knows if he does FUE?

I am also thinking about going to south korea, as it is nearby, and one clinic there offers ARTAS robotic FUE, anyone has experience with the ARTAS?

Thank you very much.

If i was you i would not do it in China. Even in England people get butcher everyday. if you want to make sure to find a good doctor, look at the IAHRS to be safe. (promotional link removed) I know that China is not the place to go for surgery. South Korea might be a better alternative if you cannot go the Europe or US.

Chris,

While I appreciate your comment, I'm surprised you would recommend members of this community look at the IAHRS (aka Spencer Kobren) when this community prescreens and recommends surgeons based on demanding standards. To see a list of surgeons we recommend, click here. To see our high standards for recommendation, click here.

While I won't bother going into the background and all the details of the IAHRS, I will say that Spencer has a long history of promoting physicians that this community wouldn't even consider recommending because they don't meet this community's high standards.

I encourage you to become familiar with this community and how we visit and recommend only those physicians who have a proven track record of producing excellent results.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi. Good luckin finding a good surgeon in China . I live in Hebei province and looking to have a HT in China . I contacted a place in Shenzen quite recently , and chatted with the surgeon via QQ messenger . He has had a few apparently happy western customers and seemed keen enough to forward my details to them . I declined at the moment but will look into it in the near future . I don't know the forum regulations here for posting direct links to websites , but its forhairs.com . Btw the websiteis in Chinese , so have a friend help you . Let me know what you think of it . Good luck !

Sorry Bill, i did not meant to promote another website. While you might be right for some points, i think it is important to notice that without Spencer Kobren FUE would have not been available in the US and then in Europe. However, sorry for that

Thank you Chris12, I thought the same, im just too afraid to have it done in China, im in contact with Dr. Pathomvanich in Thailand, he confirmed that he does FUEs as well. and he estimated 600+ grafts needed to fix my hairline, the price is 170 baht per graft, which is about 5.7USD, this is more than three time more expensive than China, but, I guess it is about half the price compared to EU and US. so I am OK with the price with a trusted doc.

my only concern though is that Dr. Path does not do FUEs that often, and most guys on this forum had experience with him is FUT, so as Bill suggested, I will disscuss this with Dr. Path, and until Iam completely comfortable with him then I will proceed

Hi. Good luckin finding a good surgeon in China . I live in Hebei province and looking to have a HT in China . I contacted a place in Shenzen quite recently , and chatted with the surgeon via QQ messenger . He has had a few apparently happy western customers and seemed keen enough to forward my details to them . I declined at the moment but will look into it in the near future . I don't know the forum regulations here for posting direct links to websites , but its forhairs.com . Btw the websiteis in Chinese , so have a friend help you . Let me know what you think of it . Good luck !

Hi Tiger007

I just checked the website you mentioned, (im actually Chinese, so no problem: ), I have never heard of this one, but none of the doctors listed on this website are ISHRS member physicians, so I will definitely NOT consider this one. There are about thousands of hospital/clinic offers HT in China, there are few big names like wuhenzhifa.com, kefayuan.cn, some of their docs are ISHRS members, so if I really want to do my HT in China, I will choose these ones over the one in shenzhen, just my opionon.

There are actually quite a few Chinese doctors are ISHRS members, but i just cannot find any source that creditable enough to actually trust one in China so far, that's why im thinking about going to Thailand or south korea.

Edited by lobacn

interesting note: wuhenzhifa.com/zhifazhuanjia/

this HT company is quite big in China, and I just realized that on their website, above, Dr. Dr.Feller is on their expert team!!? how come? I doubt it

I just had a chat with them online, they told me that they are in a partnership with Dr. Feller in the US, and if I want to, they can arrange Dr. Feller to fly to Beijing to perform the HT for me at a cost of 50RMB per graft which is about 8USD per graft. this is so ridiculous!!!!!!!!!! and this is the reason that I dont trust any chinese docs here in China.

I go often to China as i live in Singapore. The only thing that i am sure is that the last place i would go for surgery is in China. In my opinion most of the surgeons in the country are unethical where money is the only goal for them. I think it is better to be bald than looking like frankenstein. Thailand and turkey might be a better option but personally I would not risk such surgery outside the US or Europe. However, this is just my opinion and i many might contradict me.

Cheers and good luck for your research.

Bill your post made me lough :)

Chris