Cage Match: Feriduni VS Bisanga

MAGNUMpi

Think hard about the possible ramifications/pitfalls of each procedure. Can you live with a potential stretched scar? Can you live with the perceived lower yield of FUE? Naturally you would want FUE with 100% yield, but in the event that doesn't happen(I highly doubt any procedure is 100% yield anyway) what would you prefer?

Good point. Thanks.

You will cross your fingers that the FUE yield will be great, you will cross your fingers you will get a pencil thin scar. Either way there is no guarantee sadly. I took the gamble with FUT and lost. I won't persuade you one way or the other, someone persuaded me to go one way and I regret it immensely. Think hard about the possible ramifications/pitfalls of each procedure. Can you live with a potential stretched scar? Can you live with the perceived lower yield of FUE? Naturally you would want FUE with 100% yield, but in the event that doesn't happen(I highly doubt any procedure is 100% yield anyway) what would you prefer?
well said!

Regarding Dr Bhatti, presenting a hand picked selection of his best work to a forum does not prove that the surgeon is consistently doing great work.

I think this issue is very much misunderstood:

Just because a clinic presents work to a forum does not demonstrate consistency. It proves what can be achieved in the best case scenario- ie best work.

The only way you can get a good estimate of what the clinic's consistency is like is if they will regularly encourage their patient's to share their experience and update a blog regularly. A clinic's reputation is therefore on the line a regular basis, which could potentially make or break them.

The sample will give a more realistic estimate of what the clinic's work is really like and hence one of the reasons why I went with Dr Feller, as he has hundreds of them across different forums.

What would you think if the clinic was selling you a procedure that actually generated good to excellent results only 67% of the time, but claimed they could hit 97%.

How would a patient know that though if they only ever present a very small subset of their best yearly work.

Knowing that, how would you feel if you went through an emotional 12 month, rollercoaster process, and be out of several thousands of dollars/pounds/euros and have what is a small, limited donor supply reduced even further?

Stellar reputations are built up over years and years of solid, consistent work.

The results on here by Dr Bhatti aren't purely those chosen by him and posted in the physician section. There are numerous positive results from patients posted of their own accord. Figure his exceptionally reasonable pricing into that and for 2000 grafts to finish my result I'm willing to choose him over an expensive but seasoned surgeon.

There is a lot of passion in the FUE vs. FUT debate that will never end. I think they are both great procedures and we are lucky to be able to choose one or the other or both. I have had both. There are pros and cons to each and for those who are extremely passionate about one or the other, it is kind of like politics......one is not going to convince the other they are right. I love the forums as they were and have been extremely valuable to me. I try to give back with my experience where i can. The one thing anyone reading needs to keep in mind is that most patients are just that, and it does not make any of us experts. Sharing experiences and opinions helps a lot, but each person should decide for themselves based on consultations with several top clinics. They are the experts. Also, go in with realistic expectations. Regardless of whether you choose FUT or FUE, this is surgery and there are some risks. Everyone will not get one of the "wow" results that we all love to see. But if you understand all of this, have realistic expectations, and choose from among top surgeons, your chances of achieving a really nice result with FUT, FUE or some combination are very strong. In the end it is your hair and head, so make the decision that is best for you. Magnum, you are looking at top clinics, so whatever you decide I am sure it will work out well for you. All the best with your decision.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Hi Magnum,

I had the exact same conundrum. It was either Feriduni or Bisanga for me. Both have excellent reputations and i have seen quality examples from both on numerous website.

But ill be honest I went for Bisanga solely on the price. I cant exactly remember the figure but there was about a €1- €2k difference. Obviously in general its terrible advice to chose a doc based on price but when it comes to 2 of the very best docs then I think its fine logic. Also Stephen from BHR has been a brilliant help as I have had millions of questions!

Im due to have the HT next Thurs (2,000 FUE) so am very excited (and very apprehensive). Ill be posting updates along the way!

Good luck with your decision.