Questions about scalp laxity

Hi guys,

I've learned lots of new things about hair transplants thanks to this society so far and I have some questions which I'm seeking answer about strip procedures which I'm interested in

1-May Scalp laxity affect the quality of the yield? (I don't mean number of grafts)

2-Does thickness of scalp skin affect quality of the yield in any way?

3-Does scalp laxity decrease with each new surgery if patient's scalp is tight? (Will scalp become tighter with each successive procedure or Does it return to normal after several months?)

4-İf someone has more than one strip procedures , will his scar become larger with each new strip? or Do surgeons remove hairless skin with new strip?

5-İs number of strip procedures for a patient with very tight scalp limited compared to someone with loose scalp? ( İs 5x1500 grafts instead of 4000+3500 grafts possible?

Any answer or experiences would be greatly appreciated!

1-No

2-Yes, very thin scalps may cause a lower yield but not always.This is due to thinner less "chubby" grafts. This fat around the grafts protects the folicle ensuring survival.

3-The scalp does get tighter after each procedure.

4-Most docs remove the old scar in subsiquent procedues leaving just one scar.

5-Yes

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I have learned one thing from my 4 HT's - Scalp exercises can increase your yield ! I did them in prep for my 3rd HT ( Dr. True said I can certainly do them but do not expect anything dramatic). To both of our surprise, I was able to have the highest graft count of all of my procedures!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!