My HT by Dr. Arocha - 3344 Grafts/ Dec 2012

Houston123

Hi guys,

I am 40 years old and had been thinking on/off about a HT for the last 2 years. Finally, I decided to go for it. I am originally from Turkey and living in Houston for a longtime and my first instinct was to have the HT in Turkey considering the lower cost. I started researching the native forums in Turkish. I also talked to 2-3 family/friends in Turkey who had decent HTs there. I am sure there are many great HT Clinics and doctors in Turkey. As per my research from distance-USA, I could not be convinced enough to take the risk of having the operation in Turkey.

Meantime, reading forums/reviews extensively in this site and couple others, I decided to consult and have the operation with Dr. Arocha on Dec 15, 2012. Additional factors I considered when choosing Dr. Arocha were:

1) Not wanting to shave my head for HT

2) Preferring FUT to FUE

3) Local Access to Clinic if any complications arise or follow up visits needed

I had a great HT experience with Dr. Arocha and his team. They are very personable, professional and caring people. Obviously, we “HT Patients” choose our clinics mainly because of their talent and expertise but it really helps when they are also easy to deal with and friendly. During the operation, I only felt discomfort / pain during the first couple of injections in the donor area and surprisingly less pain on the recipient, front area. From start to finish, the team constantly asked how I was doing and if I was feeling any pain/discomfort. The surgery was a breeze after the initial discomfort.

After I came home from the surgery, I noticed a very small area on my right corner of the hairline that, if I had the chance, would have liked to be filled a little more. I decided to mention it to Dr. Arocha, when I went to the clinic next day for my first shampoo. To be honest, I was a little nervous about mentioning this to him considering that I just had the surgery with one of best hairline designers around. I started telling him what I was feeling about this small area and as I was thinking I need to justify my feelings further, he jumped in and said “Let’s do a little touch up, the way that you would like to have it. It is important that it is exactly the way you want it and be happy with it.” He scheduled a touch up session for 6 days later and did not charge me anything. He could have easily argued against it or suggest waiting for hairline to mature etc. but he did not. He also knew that if we did not touch it up or waited for couple of months, it was going to bother me every time I look in the mirror;). This experience showed me truly how much he cares about his patients’ satisfaction and understanding he is. Since then, I went to the clinic two more times to get my stitches removed and had the same great experience with him and his team. It has been 4 weeks since my HT, and very happy with the results so far.

Many thanks to Dr. Arocha and his team, guys who are maintaining this site and also to everybody contributing & sharing. I have learned a lot of useful information here. I will continue to update as the months go by.

Cheers!

I posted the details of my daily events for the first 4 weeks PostOp and lessons learned!

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/168939-my-experience-first-4-weeks-postop-lessons-learned.html