Post Op Question

Hey everyone,

I just had my first HT on 1/4 and was concerned because I have accidentally bumped the grafts a few times with my fingers throughout the week while trying the style the hair that covers them. Since I am new at this I cant tell if I have done any damage or not, should I be concerned?

It certainly does not sound like you did any damage. It's okay to touch them at this point. After roughly three days, the grafts are seated pretty good in the dermis layer of scalp tissue.

You will know if you lose a graft when you see a steady trickle of blood ooze from any of the recipient sites where the grafts were placed.

IMHO, you are fine, just keep your scalp safe guarded from bumping it into walls, etc. ;)

Hope you have an awesome result!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Yeah, no worries.

I've pulled a graft out twice after surgery because I kept playing with it. It was difficult not too, because it itched so much. As gillenator said, you will know if you pull one out.

I kept thinking "How can so much blood come out of a tiny hole like that"?

Yeah, no worries.

I've pulled a graft out twice after surgery because I kept playing with it. It was difficult not too, because it itched so much. As gillenator said, you will know if you pull one out.

I kept thinking "How can so much blood come out of a tiny hole like that"?

I believe the reason that there is so much bleeding and oozing when a graft is removed is because the recipient site created goes deep into the dermis layer of scalp where the blood supply is rich.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Mk92, I had my transplant done the same day. A fue 3000 grafts. I bumped my head two days ago and nothing happened so I believe they are pretty well set now. Have you noticed a lot of itcheness in graft area and especially donor suture area? I have been putting Neosporin on suture area, which really helps, but any help on what to potentially put on transplanted area that won't hurt them. Thanks

I think you're fine. A day after having a procedure done by Dr. Rahal, I smacked by head HARD against a low angled ceiling on the top floor of the local bed and breakfast in Ottawa, and immediately went to Rahal's office out of concern -- I was freaking out because I literally nailed the recipient area really hard (not my proudest moment). They took a look and chuckled a bit -- they said unless a graft pops out and there's bleeding, I have nothing to worry about. 2 years later, I can verify that they were right...

Been there done that. From what I have heard unless there is blood, there is little need to worry . Of course, I wouldn't go around head- butting people

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 weeks later...
Mk92, I had my transplant done the same day. A fue 3000 grafts. I bumped my head two days ago and nothing happened so I believe they are pretty well set now. Have you noticed a lot of itcheness in graft area and especially donor suture area? I have been putting Neosporin on suture area, which really helps, but any help on what to potentially put on transplanted area that won't hurt them. Thanks

Thomas,

I really didn't seem to have to much itching throughout the past few weeks and I was given some Aloe to apply at night to the recipient site and that seemed to do the trick!