3 months post op

Hi all,

Just going through a concerned phase, I'm 3 months post op and not one sign of growth, I know I might just be a late grower.

My biggest worry is I keep having like hard white tissue/follicle like bits falling out my head, I've counted 11 now over the last 2 months, i started at about 6 weeks, I healed quickly after surgery and didn't touch my head til day 10 so was extra cautious and even then that was very light massaging, so I KNOW THE GRAFTS ARE SECURE AT THIS POINT. I keep thinking its the grafts falling out now, at 3 months but how can it be when they are secure in my head?? It starts in a sore area then it raises after a week or so, then i can feel like hard point in my head and then few days later it falls out, It looks tooth like shaped, some with hair in, some without? I have taken a photo.

Im just worried its the graft getting rejected, can some one please reassure me or tell me what it is? as I wasn't told this was part of process and on my previous HT op it never happend. I can feel atleast another 5 in my head waiting to come out :-(((( I remember seeing the follicles in my OP and I'm sure they looked more like grains of rice and not like what I'm seeing, so if it's not a follicle what is it? and it's not dry skin/dandruff!

Many thanks all.

DSC_0294-1.jpg.67c0927e120389ca1af1ed70eb7caad3.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg.f1b93edc5a60090d2c07c8890a3ae885.jpg

uksailor,

They look just like crusts which are the dried part of the graft tissue above the scalp line.

It's okay at this point post-op to be sure to remove any lingering crusts (dead tissue) and your scalp is undoubtedly rejecting this dead tissue. You can use various oils like vitamin E or aloe vera to first soften these crusts and will be easier for them to remove.

IMHO, they are not lost grafts!

If the irritation persists, contact your surgeon/clinic for further advice. ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY